News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Paradox making a Cold War game

Started by Maladict, July 02, 2012, 09:08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on August 10, 2012, 08:22:26 PM
I read some of the rest of thread.  Some Russian kid was going on about how the Soviet Union didn't actually invade Poland in 1939.  They just sorta picked up some territory that the Poles left.  Like finding loose change in your couch.

But worth even less!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Quote from: FunkMonk on August 10, 2012, 04:37:06 PM
America is a blue falcon :lol:

Yeah, that was funny. When I read that post I was waiting for a smilie at the end showing the post was  tongue in cheek ... only it was not. :wacko:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

I understand why you Euros don't like to consider Russia part of Europe.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on August 11, 2012, 01:01:28 AM
I understand why you Euros don't like to consider Russia part of Europe.

Slavs?  :blink: :shifty:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Sheilbh

Why are people in Paradox taking that guy's complaint seriously rather than laughing? :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

Faeelin

Hrm, have there been any dev diaries for this? I wonder if it's getting stalled and that's why EU4 is being touted so heavily.

Razgovory

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 29, 2012, 04:48:28 AM
Why are people in Paradox taking that guy's complaint seriously rather than laughing? :mellow:

Cause you have to be polite on that forum are else they will ban you?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Razgovory on September 29, 2012, 03:49:06 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on September 29, 2012, 04:48:28 AM

Cause you have to be polite on that forum are else they will ban you?
Also, a lot of them are morons.
PDH!

dps

PRC

http://www.paradoxplaza.com/games/east-vs-west-a-hearts-of-iron-game#about_game-tab

East vs. West: A Hearts of Iron Game

The arms race intensifies as East and West fights for global dominance. The threat of World War III can mean the end of the world as we know it. You must guide your nation through diplomacy, politics and military actions and face the test of the times by any means at your disposal.

Description

The RTS/war-game East vs. West: A Hearts of Iron Game takes place during the dangerous Cold War era between 1946-1991. This Cold War experience is crafted jointly by BL-Logic in collaboration with Paradox Development Studio. East vs. West: A Hearts of Iron Game, based on the Clausewitz engine allows you to relive the diplomatic, economical and military tension of the Cold War in this grand strategy game.

Features

Choose your game style: Lead any nation in the Post-World War II Era and expand your nations influence while the tension rises

Keep a watchful eye on the world: Experience a rich 3D topographic map that allows deep strategic decisions

Take control by all means: Use Diplomacy, Politics, Economy and Espionage to influence the policies of other nations or just outsmart the others in the new economical system.

Spy on your opponents: Use of your superspies from a collection of Spy Cards

Get support from United Nations: If all else fails bring your issues in front of the UN General Assembly and hope for a resolution to pass

Feel the pressure when the Doomsday clock rises: Do you push another issue to get more prestige, or will you back down to prevent an escalation to WWIII?

Take part of the arms race: Fight globally for Ideological Domination and challenge the dynamic military AI. Wage war, secure resources and make sure to control your military production to prepared for the worst possible outcome – a global nuclear war.

Explore a flexible technology system - Research new technologies to give your nation technological superiority and nuclear supremacy. Take part in the exiting space race or try to develop your own nuclear defense systems.

Control the land, air, sea and beyond: Explore the Strategic warfare system to crush your enemies if the situation arises or use guerillas to do the job for you. Freely customize your ships for your own personal strategies in the brand new naval editor.

Relive history or change it: Experience historical accuracy that offers unparalleled level of freedom of choice and a large re-playability value

Multiplayer: Battle against your friends in multiplayer for up to 32 players and don't miss the chance to nuke your friends into oblivion

Customize your game: Mod in detail to create your own ultimate Cold War game Read more: www.paradoxplaza.com

Crazy_Ivan80

ending in 1991 is silly. there's no reason why the cold war would be over in the myriad of alternate worlds that game creates.
Oh well.

garbon

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on October 09, 2012, 02:48:32 PM
ending in 1991 is silly. there's no reason why the cold war would be over in the myriad of alternate worlds that game creates.
Oh well.

At the same time though, it prevents them from having to deal with the myriad of changes that stem from the rise of the internet.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on October 09, 2012, 02:48:32 PM
Oh well.

And yet the Wall came down in 89 - they are going over by two years... :P

sbr

Depending on how they model the prestige, economy and global tension that could be interesting in MP.