News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Paradox making a Cold War game

Started by Maladict, July 02, 2012, 09:08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faeelin

Quote from: garbon on October 09, 2012, 02:54:52 PM
At the same time though, it prevents them from having to deal with the myriad of changes that stem from the rise of the internet.

What changes?

garbon

Quote from: Faeelin on October 09, 2012, 03:41:18 PM
At the same time though, it prevents them from having to deal with the myriad of changes that stem from the rise of the internet.

What changes?

:huh:

Are you suggesting that warfare now is conducted in the same way it was in the 70s, 80s?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: garbon on October 09, 2012, 05:20:25 PM
Quote from: Faeelin on October 09, 2012, 03:41:18 PM

What changes?

:huh:

Are you suggesting that warfare now is conducted in the same way it was in the 70s, 80s?
To say nothing of economics; espionage; the very FABRIC of society.
PDH!

Faeelin

Quote from: garbon on October 09, 2012, 05:20:25 PM

I actually don't know. It looks different, but how much of that is just who the US is fighting? A battle with the Chinese over Taiwan seems like it'd still be familiar to people in 1992...

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DGuller

Just wait until Balkan posters complain that the game engine artificially limits the scope of ethnic cleansing after the break-up of Yugoslavia.

Syt

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?638813-Germanys-east-terretories

Quote from: xRitterKREUZxI really really hope there will be not as we call it in germany "Gutmenschentum" in this game. That means:
- tell the story about the glorious heroic and friendly allies bringing the bad bad germany the great great democratie and freedom
- the bad bad german state in the war and the allies always following the rules and doing no crimes at all

Maybe it sounds realy strange for you but this is exacly that what the goverment tells us all the time. I hope you will be objectively at all.

Greetings

:bleeding:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Fireblade

I, for one, look forward to fighting WW3 to the last German. In every game I play.

Also I will make a point to saturate Yugoslavia with nukes.

Darth Wagtaros

Daaaaaamn. Syt got Served  in that thread. 
PDH!

Neil

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on October 13, 2012, 07:43:06 PM
I'm sure that's what they guy who was complaining about Germany's first world problems was thinking.  Because 16% poverty is really bad, especially when the difference between 'middle class' and 'poor' is that the poor person only buys a new cell phone every couple of years rather than every year.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Syt

Quote from: Neil on October 13, 2012, 08:01:34 PM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on October 13, 2012, 07:43:06 PM
I'm sure that's what they guy who was complaining about Germany's first world problems was thinking.  Because 16% poverty is really bad, especially when the difference between 'middle class' and 'poor' is that the poor person only buys a new cell phone every couple of years rather than every year.

Exactly. Having lived a number of my childhood years well below the poverty line I can attest that if you manage your priorities you can make do rather nicely. We had no car, never went on vacation, but we always had clothes to wear (yes, no brand name clothes, but so what?), the utilities bills paid and something to eat on the table. Luxury was having a C64 (when most friends had already moved to Commodore Amiga) and buying a new book every other month.

So unless you spend your welfare money on cell phones, brand name clothes, a trip to Ibiza or some other follies, you'll have a good life. And that's why the "OMG TEH POORZ!!!" screaming ticks me off. Sure there's some bad cases, but overall you will neither be starving nor worry how to pay the monthly bills or to pay the doctor if you are able to manage yourself. That a lot of people are unable to do that - totally different story.
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

Game cancelled! Which is rough turn from early this year them saying it was going to be open beta this month.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?760477-A-joint-statement-from-BL-Logic-and-Paradox-Interactive!

QuoteToday it's our sad duty to inform you that it has been decided to cancel the game "East vs West". We at Paradox have the utmost respect for BL Logic and this is not a decision that has been taken lightly—quite the contrary—but ultimately we are a publisher and our actions and decisions must reflect that.

As the project has been severly delayed we dont think that open beta / early acccess could, within our desired timeline, meet the set criteria.

It has been a journey of ups and downs since we started the development of East Vs West back in May 2011. We wish each other nothing but the best with future endeavors.

We also would like to thank the developers for their hard work and their tremendous effort, as well as the fans for their long term commitment and their never ending support.

Yours sincerely
Fredrik Wester, Lennart Berg, Gellert Keresztes
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

At least they have learned when its time to cut bait - unlike what happened with the Russian developer that had the first crack at CK1

Solmyr

They should soon have material for a new game that takes place in 2014. :P

Maladict

And, unsurprisingly, a former dev is trying to hijack the project.  :lol:

We should pay Pdox to axe games, it's more fun watching that than playing them.