And we're back!

Main Menu

Total War: Rome 2?

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 01:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on September 03, 2013, 10:18:20 AM
=
Why exactly is being descended from a loser civilization that may have sacrificed children something that would give blacks moral and self-respect?  I would think the fact black ancestors lived in relative peace, bothering nobody, in Africa for thousands of years before Arab and European douchebags ruined it would be more points in that area.
Doubtful. Human beings don't work that way.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

MadBurgerMaker

Nothing seems to be loading for me, at least as far as the thread is concerned.  There is a link to " 20 of the Hottest Daughters in Sports," which is where I'm going now.

Razgovory

Man, I can't buy a new game now.  I'm still bloated on the Steam Sale.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tamas

Didn`t play much, I have mixed feelings. I think my major trouble is my 15-16 inch laptop screen is just too small for the campaign map`s scale. :P

So I haven`t made up my mind yet. The faction system definitely seems like a good idea, but just like in EU Rome, right now it means I am getting messages about people I have no idea about. Haven`t done the tutorial though. :P

I like the provinces. Which reminds me, Rockpapershotgun seems to be dropping the ball more and more recently. I mean, yes, they may very well end up being right for being disappointed, but you have one of the guys there QQing because he started as some Celts and he didn`t have much to do at start, and that the game made the world map into a "series of nodes". Well, duh, how this is any different from previous TW titles? And the province system makes it easier to manage the shitload of cities, and also to keep in mind how you specialize them in relation to each other.

Agelastus

Quote from: Razgovory on September 03, 2013, 06:11:58 PM
I posted a response to that.  Now you can all laugh at my ignorance and correct me.

http://www.gamespot.com/total-war-rome-ii/forum/carthage-empire-all-wrong-29442464/?page=1

Good post Raz; better than the original poster deserved.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Octavian

I have it. I like it so far. Started as Egypt. Currently being raped by the Seleucids and their many numerous satrapies (clients). Have lost Jerusalem and Petra.
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on September 04, 2013, 04:06:26 AM

I like the provinces. Which reminds me, Rockpapershotgun seems to be dropping the ball more and more recently. I mean, yes, they may very well end up being right for being disappointed, but you have one of the guys there QQing because he started as some Celts and he didn`t have much to do at start, and that the game made the world map into a "series of nodes". Well, duh, how this is any different from previous TW titles? And the province system makes it easier to manage the shitload of cities, and also to keep in mind how you specialize them in relation to each other.

It would be nice if rps spent more time reviewing the game and less on navel gazing.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

I agree that the quality of RPS has seriously dropped over the past few months. I keep checking them mostly for news on interesting indie titles.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

Quote from: PDH on September 04, 2013, 11:53:17 AM
For MB - I saw wardogs.

Argh.

Not that I was planning on buying it at full price. Hello, Steam Winter Sale.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Agelastus on September 04, 2013, 04:07:21 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on September 03, 2013, 06:11:58 PM
I posted a response to that.  Now you can all laugh at my ignorance and correct me.

http://www.gamespot.com/total-war-rome-ii/forum/carthage-empire-all-wrong-29442464/?page=1

Good post Raz; better than the original poster deserved.

I agree with that sentiment. Excellent post

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 04, 2013, 12:41:00 PM
Quote from: PDH on September 04, 2013, 11:53:17 AM
For MB - I saw wardogs.

Argh.

Not that I was planning on buying it at full price. Hello, Steam Winter Sale.

I think I'll wait until development for the title is over, then get the whole shabang. Surely they won't add another expansionpack with Brian blessed voicing the conquests of Alexander again.

Ed Anger

I'd buy a game with Brian Blessed attacking the War Rocket Ajax.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive