News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Total War: Rome 2?

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 01:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Octavian

If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Octavian

If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Ed Anger

I used to dig these total war games. Now, not so much. I blame the switch from province strategic maps to the more tedious strategic maps.

Seriously, I don't want to chck the mountain passes.

Also, I want MOAR vikings.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 08, 2013, 09:20:18 AM
I used to dig these total war games. Now, not so much. I blame the switch from province strategic maps to the more tedious strategic maps.

Seriously, I don't want to chck the mountain passes.

Also, I want MOAR vikings.

In feudal Japan or ancient Europe? OK, Tim.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

I made you a map, but I ate it.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

crazy canuck

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 08, 2013, 03:30:18 PM
I made you a map, but I ate it.

Do you want Brain to treat you like a Billy Goat?

garbon

He doesn't treat them, sugar.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Octavian

- Eyal Yanilov.

- Bruce Lee

garbon

Such a limited amount of playable factions? How old school.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

crazy canuck

Its not so much that there are limited factions.  Its that this is just an elevated game of risk with real time combat resolution. 

Octavian

Quote from: Queequeg on August 09, 2013, 12:02:14 PM
Seleucids? Bactrians?

Not playable at the moment. The Parthians are.

I suspect DLC's wil increase the number of playable factions. Or mods.

- Eyal Yanilov.

- Bruce Lee

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 09, 2013, 12:14:10 PM
Its not so much that there are limited factions.  Its that this is just an elevated game of risk with real time combat resolution. 

Well that too, but that's a more fundamental issue. :D

Octavian

Seleucids as a free DLC in october:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/08/23/total-war-rome-2-reveals-its-plan-for-post-launch-free-dlc/?ns_campaign=article-feed&ns_mchannel=ref&ns_source=steam&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0

QuoteDon't worry, you can unclench your buttocks. As a video game made in 2013, Total War: Rome 2 will have paid-for DLC, but today Creative Assembly have confirmed that their cavalcade of post-release content isn't all destined to end life as a line on your bank statement. Alongside the additional purchases, the developers are planning to sprinkle in some free content updates and support.

"Rome II will be the biggest game we've ever released, in terms of scope, gameplay features and sheer weight of content," says its clearly boastful lead designer James Russell. "Even then we're just scratching the surface of the Roman period, an era so rich in diversity that it's easy to foresee releasing relevant content for years after ROME II has shipped."

"As with Shogun 2, we will continually improve the game's compatibility, optimisation and integral features such as AI and gameplay balancing post-release, and plan to add to that with new control schemes and additional free formats on other operating systems," Russell says. He also announces the plan for modding support, saying they hope that Rome 2 will follow Shogun 2 onto the Steam Workshop.

The already announced Pontus faction will be added to the game, for free, on launch day, and now Creative Assembly have announced the Seleucid faction, planned as a free update in October.

"In addition to free content, gamers can expect to see Culture Packs that add more playable factions and unique units, Feature Packs that add gameplay or wide-ranging aesthetic changes, and Campaign Packs that add entirely new story-based campaign expansions," Russell finished.

Total War: Rome 2 will be available on September 3rd.

- Eyal Yanilov.

- Bruce Lee