News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Total War: Rome 2?

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 01:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I think I'll wait till I beat Skyrim.  And Amnesia: Machine for Pigs is coming out in a few days.  Also I want to play those Metro games I got.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

FunkMonk

http://youtu.be/SGFcUWzzO-8

He might be a bit annoying, but the bugs are still hilarious.  :lol:

Definitely waiting six months to see if they can salvage something from this mess.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Agelastus

On reflection, I may have been overenthusiastic about this game...

I'm getting tired of seeing ships I've sunk sail away from a battle... :ultra:

[I don't know if it's a bug from launch or from the beta patch, but at the moment I can't sink/kill Admirals in battle - even if their ship sinks it sails away happily on the campaign map, every time - even remanning itself to pre-battle levels at times. They do die in autoresolved fights though.]
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Syt

Quote from: Agelastus on September 07, 2013, 09:12:40 AM
I can't sink/kill Admirals in battle - even if their ship sinks it sails away happily on the campaign map, every time

"Row well, and live."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Agelastus

Quote from: Syt on September 07, 2013, 09:30:54 AM
Quote from: Agelastus on September 07, 2013, 09:12:40 AM
I can't sink/kill Admirals in battle - even if their ship sinks it sails away happily on the campaign map, every time

"Row well, and live."

:lol:
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be

Razgovory

I'm starting to feel an urge get this game.  I am developing an irrational desire to see the spectacle thousands of Italian men wearing skirts getting killed.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

MadBurgerMaker

I haven't found my favorite faction to play yet.  I really like the Baktria unit lineup, but damn they're way far out there.  I guess I could just try to go from one map edge to the other.

The latest patch does some good things btw.  My turn times are down to being Shogun2-ish.  I've never had a performance problem, but I think they addressed that some more too.

E: Heh Raz and I bumped this thread at the same time.

Razgovory

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

MadBurgerMaker

Bluebook

Have they fixed the AI-issues?

Agelastus

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 17, 2013, 09:21:11 PM
I've never had a performance problem, but I think they addressed that some more too.

Since I installed the latest patch every battle I go down to fight in person warns me that I'm running out of memory and being "stepped down" graphically; battles between two near-full size armies are stuttering every few seconds.

This was not happening before - I was running battles with twice the number of units involved with barely a hint of difficulty. So whatever they addressed has actually made my performance worse. :glare:
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be

Tamas

People should just stop buying ATI cards, the world would be a simpler place.

MadBurgerMaker

Age, that's strange and something I haven't encountered so far.  Did you check that unlimited memory box/did it come unchecked when the patch hit?

Quote from: Tamas on September 18, 2013, 07:54:29 AM

:lol:  One of the big problems was supercomputers running some nvidia card or another were getting low teens FPS. 

Tamas

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 18, 2013, 12:09:02 PM
Age, that's strange and something I haven't encountered so far.  Did you check that unlimited memory box/did it come unchecked when the patch hit?

Quote from: Tamas on September 18, 2013, 07:54:29 AM

:lol:  One of the big problems was supercomputers running some nvidia card or another were getting low teens FPS.

If you think my disdain for ATI cards can be weakened by facts, you are seriously mistaken.