And we're back!

Main Menu

Total War: Rome 2?

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 01:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on July 24, 2012, 11:13:25 AM
Quote from: viper37 on July 23, 2012, 09:44:19 AM
The games are not harder to mod, if anything, they are easier to mod now than they were on release.
Shogun II is no more difficult to mod than any other game of the series.

@Jimmy:
You need the Darthmod for the appropriate game:
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/

Otherwise, yes, the tactical AI is shitty.

Empire still doesn' thave a new map though.

My understanding from intermittantly following the Empire modding community is that the map is not mod-able.  I'm not sure how that squares with it being as easily moddded as the earlier games where the map could be modified.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

viper37

It can be modded:
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1181

And it has been modded:
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1071

It's just that these mods are not really compatible with one another, and in the case of DarthMod, wich is mostly and AI mod, it may not work at all.  And I haven't tried any mod beside Darth Mod and the seemingly abandonned American Revolution.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Drakken

Which Empire mods have modified the map, like carving France so that it's not one big province anymore?

Call me skeptical.

grumbler

Quote from: viper37 on July 24, 2012, 07:11:51 PM
It can be modded:
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1181

And it has been modded:
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1071

It's just that these mods are not really compatible with one another, and in the case of DarthMod, wich is mostly and AI mod, it may not work at all.  And I haven't tried any mod beside Darth Mod and the seemingly abandonned American Revolution.

Those are just new battle maps.  The game map cannot, insofar as I know, be modded.  Map modding has been at the heart of the great mods in the earlier games, as far as I am concerned.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Martinus

Quote from: Drakken on July 24, 2012, 08:42:35 PM
Which Empire mods have modified the map, like carving France so that it's not one big province anymore?

Call me skeptical.

In Rome, it should be divided into three parts.

DGuller

My biggest problem with Total War games is that a lot of their great potential is wasted by poor execution, and unlike Paradox, Creative Assembly never really bothers to do much about it.

JonasSalk

I got burned pretty bad by Empire, so I didn't buy any of the DLC or expansions. Then I stupidly bought Shogun 2 (thankfully for half off) and played it for only a short while before getting bored. I won't buy R2TW unless it's $5, and even then it might not be worth it. I was a CA fanboy from when I first got Shogun way back a few months after it came out and bought all the expansions up until Empire. Never again.
Yuman

Solmyr

I still enjoy Medieval 2, and Shogun 2 was fun. Empire and Napoleon are good with the Darth mods too.

Josquius

I just hope with this Rome they actually have the barbarian tribes seem to be beyond the pale and not just another country. Its way too easy in standard Rome to just conquer up into Germany, just as easy as taking over more civilized and actually easier to conquer lands.

Empire sucked though Shogun 2 was quite cool.
██████
██████
██████

Drakken

I hope flaming pigs and shrieking women come back, only to see the Rome historitards throw a tantrum.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Queequeg

Wonder how the Europa Barbarorum 2 people are reacting.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

KRonn

Quote from: Phillip V on July 01, 2012, 03:41:10 AM
Rome is the only Total War game I have played; enjoyed it immensely! :)

Me too. I'd be very interested in a Rome: 2. 

Caliga

I'm with some of the other folks in the thread:  no more CA games for me.  I loved them up to M:TW II, then downhill from there.  Shogun II seemed ok, but I just had no real interest in the same old formula anymore.

That said, the campaign where you conquer Mexico in M:TW II is one of my favorite computer wargames of all time.  I only wish you could have started as far back as Columbus and been able to go into South America too.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points