And we're back!

Main Menu

The 2012 London Olympics Sports Thread

Started by mongers, June 18, 2012, 02:47:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

FYP:

Quote from: derspiess on August 10, 2012, 09:39:34 AM
Just in case anyone has forgotten, the US women's team cheated twice and bought gold in Soccer.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

DGuller

:rolleyes:  Refereeing mistakes are part of the game, and so is making sure that they happen to the right team at the right time.

PDH

Canada sucks at cheating, they could only cheat into a shameful, shameful bronze medal.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

crazy canuck

Funny how an event which is supposed to enhance peace and harmony can turn someone who was once an admirer of the US into someone who wants nothing more than for them to fail at everything.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 10, 2012, 11:24:29 AM
someone who was once an admirer of the US

Surely you're not talking about yourself or Josephus. :yeahright:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Maximus

Funny how an event which is supposed to enhance peace and harmony can turn someone who was once an admirer of the US into someone who wants nothing more than for them to fail at everything.
Indeed it is funny when one's opinion of an entire country is affected by something as insignificant as a sports event.

derspiess

:cheers:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

Grudge Match Rd. 2- US wrestler beats US/Canadian wrestler wearing maple leaf  :showoff:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

PDH

Whatever, Mart   :rolleyes:
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Josephus

:D
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

Quote from: Maximus on August 10, 2012, 11:46:37 AM
Indeed it is funny when one's opinion of an entire country is affected by something as insignificant as a sports event.

Wars have been fought over less.

HVC

i haven't watched one event yet. I never really like the summer olympics. Probably becasue as a general rule canada doesn't do well in the summer.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

HVC

Quote from: Josephus on August 10, 2012, 12:06:18 PM
Quote from: Maximus on August 10, 2012, 11:46:37 AM

Wars have been fought over less.
Good old south america. They take their soccer seriously.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

The Larch

Agonizing victory over Russia in the semis, but Spain will be in the basketball final on sunday!  :showoff:

Liep

Wow, new WR set by the American women's 4x100m. They trumphed the DDR's 1985 record. :D
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk