And we're back!

Main Menu

The 2012 London Olympics Sports Thread

Started by mongers, June 18, 2012, 02:47:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 11, 2012, 01:27:12 PM
Great women's volleyball match on. Brazil! :wub:
I'm watching that too.  Indoor volleyball is a better sport than beach volleyball.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Admiral Yi

Boris Johnson: "We tend to do well at sports that involve sitting down."

:D

Admiral Yi

NBC also showed a great clip of the BBC announcers completely spazzing out when Mo Farrah-Fawcett won the 10K.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 11, 2012, 02:19:21 PM
NBC also showed a great clip of the BBC announcers completely spazzing out when Mo Farrah-Fawcett won the 10K.
They did :lol:

Mo just won the 5k too, an awesome race. First Brit to win two athletic golds since 1908.
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Slightly disappointed by the Norwegian handball team Gups.  You and I might just have different tastes.

Tom Broakaw is doing a show on the Battle of Britain tonight at 8 Eastern in a plot to make anti-American Brits feel bad about themselves.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 11, 2012, 02:55:47 PM
Tom Broakaw is doing a show on the Battle of Britain tonight at 8 Eastern in a plot to make anti-American Brits feel bad about themselves.

No joke.  If there's anything or butthurt to American sensibilities, it's busting the illusion that we needed to save them from Hitler in the first place.

mongers

I caught the womens mountain bike race/final, and despite me not like any bike sport that isn't road racing, it was pretty good entertainment and an excellent advert if you happen to own a cycle shop. 

Nice looking course, good weather and an interesting mix of young and old competitors; won by a pedal perfect 23 year old french women, 2nd a 40+ German.   :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 11, 2012, 02:59:38 PM
No joke.  If there's anything or butthurt to American sensibilities, it's busting the illusion that we needed to save them from Hitler in the first place.

There's a strange tendency in your posts of the last few days to express agreement then go on to make a point opposite to that of the poster you claim to be agreeing with.  :hmm:

Admiral Yi

French coach said in his pre-game press conference that France had no chance to beat the US in basketball.

Neil

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 11, 2012, 03:45:42 PM
French coach said in his pre-game press conference that France had no chance to beat the US in basketball.
I approve of his truthfulness.  After all, no US player wants to repeat the disgrace of 2004, a shame which none of the players could ever live down.  2004, more than anything else, is what branded LeBron forever as a loser.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Admiral Yi

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 11, 2012, 03:21:40 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 11, 2012, 02:59:38 PM

There's a strange tendency in your posts of the last few days to express agreement then go on to make a point opposite to that of the poster you claim to be agreeing with.  :hmm:

ITS A TRAP

sbr

Canadian 4x100 relay team dq'ed for stepping on the line.  How often to they call that?:nelson:

Ed Anger

Quote from: sbr on August 11, 2012, 04:57:22 PM
Canadian 4x100 relay team dq'ed for stepping on the line.  How often to they call that?:nelson:

Clearly an American plot against them.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

It was an American player who pointed it out to the ref.  ;)
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?