News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The 2012 London Olympics Sports Thread

Started by mongers, June 18, 2012, 02:47:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Liep on August 10, 2012, 02:42:57 PM
Wow, new WR set by the American women's 4x100m. They trumphed the DDR's 1985 record. :D

So how did Canada do in that event?  Anyone know?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

lustindarkness

Quote from: derspiess on August 10, 2012, 02:59:03 PM
Wow, new WR set by the American women's 4x100m. They trumphed the DDR's 1985 record. :D

You expect them to make it to the finals?  :nelson:

;)
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Grey Fox

We don't have any female sprinters for 100m.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Tamas

Now that it is clear that we are going to have an exceptional Olympics (we have 8 gold medals so far and are placed 8th place on the rankings!), government politicans are coming out being busy of taking the spotlight.

Too bad, leaves a sour taste after is indeed a big success for the athletes.

Liep

The women's hammer throw was more entertaining than I thought. Only because of the Heidler incident, her 5th throw was later re-measured and gave a bronze pushing the Chinese girl down on 4th place.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Tamas on August 10, 2012, 03:24:14 PM
Now that it is clear that we are going to have an exceptional Olympics (we have 8 gold medals so far and are placed 8th place on the rankings!), government politicans are coming out being busy of taking the spotlight.

Too bad, leaves a sour taste after is indeed a big success for the athletes.

I noticed that Hungary was doing rather well. Like the UK though you had a reasonable swimming team that got a lot of 4ths and 5ths, need a bit extra to beat the USA  :cool:

derspiess

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 10, 2012, 03:22:07 PM

Thanks.  Was just checking  :whistle:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller

:o Shocking!

DGuller

I never really much liked cycling, I always found to be a very dull sport to watch.  However, watching the BMX races gave me some appreciation for the sport.

Josephus

Quote from: derspiess on August 10, 2012, 03:58:05 PM

Thanks.  Was just checking  :whistle:

Well we did. But the American athletes knifed them before the race. It was in all the papers.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ed Anger

You know what I wanted to see during the jap-Sk soccer game? Apolo Ohno, South Korea's arch enemy, jumping out of the stands and beating a South Korean player to a pulp.

Just because.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

It's a shame South Koreans scored so soon and had to settle down.  I was pretty sure we would see the first on-field murder in soccer (maybe even the first and second).  Those peoples seem to have some unresolved issues.  :hmm:

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Admiral Yi

As a prize for winning the bronze, the Korean mens' soccer team is exempt from the draft.

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 10, 2012, 05:38:39 PM
As a prize for winning the bronze, the Korean mens' soccer team is exempt from the draft.
Seems like they've already been drafted and sent to fight Japan in hand-to-hand combat.