News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

More Virgin Queens

Started by Delirium, June 17, 2012, 04:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delirium

Ottoman SD is Sokollu, 4 regulars and 1 cavalry to Szegedin. File coming with mine and England's SD.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Solmyr

HRE SD is Schwendi+3r+2m to Szigetvar (leaving 1r in Vienna), unless Habs points out that it's somehow stupid or illegal. :P

Delirium

Spain has made all other moves for you, so I presume he will have opinions on this one as well. ;)
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Solmyr

:P

Actually scratch that, I'll SD Schwendi+all to Presburg instead.

Habbaku

Quote from: Delirium on July 08, 2012, 02:26:58 AM
Quote from: Delirium on June 29, 2012, 04:53:19 PM
Quote from: szmik on June 29, 2012, 04:31:19 PMWhen for example Spain fights HRE and Spain has Papacy as the ally, HRE gets Rome through siege, then you resolve status and Rome goes back to Spain if hold as ally?? Really?

No, if Spain wins the check and keeps the Pope, there is no change to Rome's status, HRE keeps it. Scottish Lords Rebel is the exception, the winner takes all spaces regardless of Scotland's former status, if I read the FAQ correctly.

:rolleyes:

I knew that szmik has me on ignore but now Habbaku as well. This has been thoroughly covered a long time ago. Read the FAQ.

So what sense does your post that I quoted make?  Are you ignoring yourself? :huh:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

SD 3 regulars from Milan to Brussels.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Quote from: Delirium on July 07, 2012, 12:21:27 PMBesides Edinburgh which you could take if the right card fell your way.

Quote from: Habbaku on July 08, 2012, 09:45:21 AMSo what sense does your post that I quoted make?  Are you ignoring yourself? :huh:

<_<

Sigh. Scottish Lords Rebel would mean that he took back Edinburgh if he won the check thus winning the game. Why is this difficult?

And why are we still not ready to begin playing?

Habbaku

Okay, so basically you ignored my advice to look at the latest FAQ (it's right here http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX/?233@@.1dd437e5/809!enclosure=.1dd7017d for your convenience), in favor of...what?  Showing that you're ignoring your own advice to not ignore posts from other people?

SLR would not, in fact, give Edinburgh back to France.  Which is what I posted.  Which makes your Chicken Littleing over it being weird for this game to continue just because Garbon felt like it rather meaningless since it could not, in fact, end even if Garbon wanted it to by play of SLR or Gifted Ambassador.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

We're waiting on Garbon's SD, by the way.

Del can go ahead and play unless he wants to wait on that.  I don't think I'll have to wait for his SD, either, though Szmik might.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Quote from: Habbaku on July 08, 2012, 04:35:24 PM
Okay, so basically you ignored my advice to look at the latest FAQ (it's right here http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX/?233@@.1dd437e5/809!enclosure=.1dd7017d for your convenience), in favor of...what?  Showing that you're ignoring your own advice to not ignore posts from other people?

SLR would not, in fact, give Edinburgh back to France.  Which is what I posted.  Which makes your Chicken Littleing over it being weird for this game to continue just because Garbon felt like it rather meaningless since it could not, in fact, end even if Garbon wanted it to by play of SLR or Gifted Ambassador.

No Habs, you're looking at an old version. Here is the new: http://www.gmtgames.com/virginqueen/VirginQueenFAQ.pdf

Delirium

QuoteOttoman: Play Card as Event
4 / War with Poland
Playable if Holy Roman Empire is not at war with Ottoman. Holy Roman player must remove 3 to 8 land units from the map and place them (along with any leaders desired) on this Foreign War card (23.7). Poles start with either 3 or 5 land units (chosen by power playing card). If the higher number, award 1 War Winner to Holy Roman when war ends. Add a -1 card marker on Holy Roman until war ends.

Poetic justice. Up to the Emperor to appoint his force to fight the gallant Poles.

Habbaku

My point remains the same, though.  Garbon could not, in fact, have won on turn 1 because SLR doesn't make an appearance until turn 2.  Presumably, if France is holding that, he could win.  I suspect that he doesn't have it.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Hopefully Ed finally figures out which way he wants to go with SLR, by the way.  He's changed his mind twice, it seems.   :glare:

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Del, are you selecting the big or small version of War With Poland?

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote#61: 2 / Menendez de Aviles

Message from Spain:
Regardless of which way the Ottomans go with WWP :

Event, 3rd option. Fortress to Panama. Patrol to Antilles.

OR Spain adds a fortress to any Spanish World Map space and a Patrol to any ocean zone. [FAQ: The fortress placed need not come off those available to build this turn on the Spanish Power Card.]

QuoteExpend a 5 CP treasure to extend impulse :

1-2/5 - Build a fortress in Cuba.
3-4/5 - Build a patrol in Spanish Main.
5/5 - Influence Venice.

Szmik is up regardless of how WWP goes.

-J. R. R. Tolkien