News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

More Virgin Queens

Started by Delirium, June 17, 2012, 04:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delirium

Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Habbaku

:yeah:

Spain offers an alliance to the HRE and the reception of a galley on loan from them. Spain also offers to marry Don Carlos to Elisabeth de Valois.

Spain offers France an alliance and the reception of two galleys on loan from them.  And also offers to accept 4 mercenaries from the HRE.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on July 06, 2012, 11:26:21 AM
:yeah:

Spain offers an alliance to the HRE and the reception of a galley on loan from them.

Spain offers France an alliance and the reception of two galleys on loan from them.

I guess you are dropping the other bit? <_<
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

No, just forgot about it. Edited.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Aaaaand England is up to announce.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

szmik

Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

katmai

Protestants have nothing to announce and want to ask i send HRE a card after all these announcements yes?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Habbaku

Protestants are always last to announce in the diplomacy phase, Kat, and thus can only confirm, not initiate, offers.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

Quote from: Habbaku on July 06, 2012, 04:53:58 PM
Protestants are always last to announce in the diplomacy phase, Kat, and thus can only confirm, not initiate, offers.

I know i was being sarcastic. And don't expect any announcements concering me :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Solmyr

Quote from: katmai on July 06, 2012, 05:31:12 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on July 06, 2012, 04:53:58 PM

I know i was being sarcastic. And don't expect any announcements concering me :P

The fact that you are giving a card is an announcement. ;)

garbon

France accepts the betrothal of Don Carlos and Elisabeth de Valois.  France also accepts the offer of an alliance and loans 2 Venetian squadrons to Spain.

France offers the hand of Mary Queen of Scots to Charles II.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Solmyr

HRE accepts an alliance with Spain, loans them a galley, and gives them 4 mercs.

HRE accepts the marriage of Charles II and Mary of Scots.

HRE will accept a card draw from the Protestants.

Delirium

Okay, only Protestants left to announce, and it seems they will be happy with just the gift of a card. Declarations of war up next, the Sultan has none at this point. Spain?

If the Emperor wants to resolve the Mary - Charles marriage in the meantime he is welcome to do so.

Delirium

Okay, so anybody who is allowed to be part of diplomacy willing to shed some ligth on these strange proceedings? To the Sultan it looks like Spain has received a lot of gifts for nothing in return in order to fight the Ottoman Empire, while France can win the game at will. What goes on here?

Solmyr

Charles and Mary fail to produce healthy heirs. The Stuarts will never inherit England.