News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

More Virgin Queens

Started by Delirium, June 17, 2012, 04:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delirium

:hug:

I count 8 units and a leader in Poland and your only remaining units on the board are 2 regulars and Schwendi in Pressburg, correct?

The Poles will still be 5 guys, I cannot deny you the chance to earn a victory point since you so graciously gave me that same chance.  :sleep:
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Habbaku

Quote from: Solmyr on July 09, 2012, 01:43:20 AM
Except if the Polish War goes bad (like we've seen foreign wars do), I'll be a sitting duck. Especially as you decided not to Spanish Road into Hungary, apparently.

Yeah, I couldn't possibly do that on a later impulse.  I mean, it has to be my first, right?   :rolleyes:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

Quote from: Habbaku on July 09, 2012, 10:25:30 AM
Quote from: Solmyr on July 09, 2012, 01:43:20 AM
Except if the Polish War goes bad (like we've seen foreign wars do), I'll be a sitting duck. Especially as you decided not to Spanish Road into Hungary, apparently.

Yeah, I couldn't possibly do that on a later impulse.  I mean, it has to be my first, right?   :rolleyes:

Well you have extra incentive to do it now. :P

Del: Correct. You may take our lives, but you will never take our freedom!

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

France declines to intercept

Quote#50: 4 / Council of Troubles

Message from France:
1-2/4 Suppress Heresy in France
Nantes, Chartres and Orleans convert. Last hit dropped.

3/4 - Villegaignon and free colony to Guinea Coast
4/4 - Villegaignon to South Atlantic and found colony in Rio de la Plata
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Solmyr

Polish war drags on while Schwendi fortifies Presburg. Over to sorely oppressed Protestants.

Oh and Del, I will preemptively not give you tribute. :P

Delirium

Well, you do not have to, technically Spain gets the first opportunity so all you have to do is convince your master i Mordrid to pay. :goodboy:
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Solmyr

Our relationship is very one-directional. :(

Delirium

I honestly hope you and garbon are promised a crapload of goodies at some point for all you did for Habbaku this turn. Alliances, mercs, galleys, even a French woman for hapless Don Carlos.  :yeahright:

Habbaku

I'm sure you do hope that Spain bankrupts herself in doing things that mutually benefit those it makes deals with.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on July 09, 2012, 04:08:37 PM
I'm sure you do hope that Spain bankrupts herself in doing things that mutually benefit those it makes deals with.

France would have enjoyed that. :)

Habbaku

Indeed.  Is there anyone who wouldn't want that?  I'm trying to figure out why Del is stating the obvious, but it's not coming to me.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Although I suppose Katmai's play could potentially affect me in some small way in that it might hurt our common enemy Spain, in my infinite benevolence I will go ahead and post my move anyway.

Just to get it out of the way I will use my imaginary Selim II card's 2 cp to build a cavalry in Szegedin and a corsair in Corona (sp?).

Habbaku

Unfortunately, Slowmai's move may very well affect mine, so I'll have to wait.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Quote from: Habbaku on July 09, 2012, 04:08:37 PMI'm sure you do hope that Spain bankrupts herself in doing things that mutually benefit those it makes deals with.

:lol:

So that's how you sold it, I was wondering about that. Ask yourselves this then. Habbaku is clearly the best and most experienced player. Is it really a good idea to trust such a player, presuming that he does not indulge in charity?