News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

More Virgin Queens

Started by Delirium, June 17, 2012, 04:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Delirium on July 07, 2012, 04:35:04 AM
Okay, so anybody who is allowed to be part of diplomacy willing to shed some ligth on these strange proceedings? To the Sultan it looks like Spain has received a lot of gifts for nothing in return in order to fight the Ottoman Empire, while France can win the game at will. What goes on here?

What key is in my reach?

Besides, I asked that we be friends, civilized but found that Spain and I have a common enemy in the East. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Delirium

Why in the name of all that is holy is this diplomacy phase not over yet?  :huh:
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Quote from: garbon on July 07, 2012, 09:09:07 AMWhat key is in my reach?

Besides, I asked that we be friends, civilized but found that Spain and I have a common enemy in the East. :(

Besides Edinburgh which you could take if the right card fell your way. On that note I have to say that it feels slightly weird to continue a game which goes on just because you did not feel like winning turn 1. Trying to convince people to stop you now is odd.

What did you did ask was that we be neutral or you would use Sultan's Harem on me, to which I made the honest reply that I felt my corsairs might be needed to stop you from winning (which, again, feels strange).
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

szmik

What does Habs have in it?  :hmm:
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Delirium

So, any more wars? Szmik, you're up to announce.

Habbaku

I think we can safely assume that England isn't going to declare war on Spain or the Protestants.  They are already at war with France.

France is not going to declare war on the HRE while leaving a bunch of stuff exposed in their homeland and certainly isn't going to try their luck against England.

The HRE (Solmyr) is the one we're really waiting on.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

We are?

I'm waiting for Katmai to announce he's giving me a card, and to give it in ACTS. :P

HRE does not declare any wars.

Habbaku

Ottomans are up to SD, then.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

Quote from: Solmyr on July 07, 2012, 06:30:44 PM
We are?

I'm waiting for Katmai to announce he's giving me a card, and to give it in ACTS. :P

HRE does not declare any wars.
The Protestants will give stinky krauts a card.
Will do so in ACTS as soon as back at home.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Habbaku

Quote from: Delirium on July 07, 2012, 12:21:27 PM
Besides Edinburgh which you could take if the right card fell your way. On that note I have to say that it feels slightly weird to continue a game which goes on just because you did not feel like winning turn 1. Trying to convince people to stop you now is odd.

Not true, by the way.  If France wins the diplomatic resolution of Scotland at the moment, nothing happens.  They would have to lose the resolution to England or the Protestants, then win it later for the key to switch hands.  See the latest FAQ.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on July 07, 2012, 09:22:03 PM
Quote from: Delirium on July 07, 2012, 12:21:27 PM

Not true, by the way.  If France wins the diplomatic resolution of Scotland at the moment, nothing happens.  They would have to lose the resolution to England or the Protestants, then win it later for the key to switch hands.  See the latest FAQ.

Yeah, I thought that was the case.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

szmik

So I was right :yeah:

no wars to declare  :bowler:

I also doubt Spanish or Ottoman SD is going to affect mine, so 2R to York.
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Delirium

Quote from: Delirium on June 29, 2012, 04:53:19 PM
Quote from: szmik on June 29, 2012, 04:31:19 PMWhen for example Spain fights HRE and Spain has Papacy as the ally, HRE gets Rome through siege, then you resolve status and Rome goes back to Spain if hold as ally?? Really?

No, if Spain wins the check and keeps the Pope, there is no change to Rome's status, HRE keeps it. Scottish Lords Rebel is the exception, the winner takes all spaces regardless of Scotland's former status, if I read the FAQ correctly.

:rolleyes:

I knew that szmik has me on ignore but now Habbaku as well. This has been thoroughly covered a long time ago. Read the FAQ.

katmai

Heading to airport and probably won't be able to do much in way of ACTS till Monday, but will try to respond to the turn if i can.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son