Here Languish Stands game thread

Started by Solmyr, June 12, 2012, 02:15:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Solmyr

I don't think it's too important to put labels in the subject line, as the files are numbered anyway.

Maximus

English take Edinburgh, reinforce Calais.

So yea, that was 3 2-point cards one of which was useful. I gave that one to Ulmont.

Viking

Quote from: Maximus on June 17, 2012, 11:43:02 AM

So yea, that was 3 2-point cards one of which was useful. I gave that one to Ulmont.

If the average rating for cards is 3.0 then I expect 3 fours and 1 five for my next hand.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

ulmont

Quote from: Viking on June 17, 2012, 11:52:38 AM

If the average rating for cards is 3.0 then I expect 3 fours and 1 five for my next hand.

More like 2.7.

The French successfully assault Metz.

Viking

Quote from: ulmont on June 17, 2012, 11:58:05 AM
Quote from: Viking on June 17, 2012, 11:52:38 AM

More like 2.7.

The French successfully assault Metz.

ok, 3 fours and 1 three then

sbr

2 / Revolt of the Communeros

Message from Papacy:
1/2 Move 1+3 from Modena to siege Florence
2/2 +1Cp to St Pete

My email client changed yesterday, hopefully I got the file attached properly.

Solmyr

Removed unrest in Erfurt. Since Viking and Tamas said they are passing and England has no cards, it's over to ulmont.

ulmont

Raised a couple of squadrons in Rouen; back to SBR.

sbr

Played Leipzeg Debate

1/3 Assaulted Florence.  Failed, lost 1 merc.
2/3 Built 1 merc in Ravenna
3/3 Move 1 merc to Modena

Off to Sol

And I am out of cards so carry on without me. :(

Habbaku

Why would you move troops to Modena if you have no remaining cards?  He's just going to have to move right back to Ravenna in the winter phase.

The CP is better used to build up St. Peter's or to raise more troops.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

sbr

Quote from: Habbaku on June 17, 2012, 02:06:25 PM
Why would you move troops to Modena if you have no remaining cards?  He's just going to have to move right back to Ravenna in the winter phase.

The CP is better used to build up St. Peter's or to raise more troops.

Oh yeah.  You all mind if I redo that?

Solmyr

I don't mind. My last play will be the home card to retrieve Wartburg from the discards and hold it. No file sent. Pass the rest, over to ulmont to play his last impulse(s).

sbr

I want to nice the merc back to ravenna and move st Pete one space.  I am out for a bit now though.

Solmyr

Ulmont can adjust that in his file. Everyone should post their winter phase too.