And we're back!

Main Menu

20 Worst Foods in USA

Started by 11B4V, June 06, 2012, 02:23:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 07, 2012, 07:12:13 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on June 07, 2012, 07:09:43 PM
Never tried pickles with vodka. Didn't know that was a thing. I usually follow the vodka with more vodka.

For full effect the vodka has to be room temperature.
And terrible, it has to be terrible.  These days, good vodka doesn't need to be chased, just like good scotch.  However, Russian vodka is ironically fairly foul (until premium brands have been developed, but that's a fairly recent development), so you have to chase it with something.  Chasing it with a pickle, just after uttering "ugh, what vile filth", is about as traditional as you can get for Russians.

Ideologue

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 07, 2012, 03:39:08 PM
In related news, I read in The Economist that the fish stocks of most US fisheries have now recovered.

Meanwhile, the Euros continue to hunt the last few blue fin tuna into extinction.
Another mission for my ideal USN.  They should have plenty of experience after sinking the Japanese, Russian, and Icelandic whaling fleets, along with all those First Nation canoes.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

sbr

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on June 06, 2012, 03:59:46 AM
I hate those lists.  The substitutes are usually totally different.  "Want a chocolate chip cookie?  Have a banana!"  "Want a hamburger?  Have a salad!"  If they offered comparable alternatives I'd believe they had some value other than simply promoting shock and awe over the incredibly unhealthy aspects of certain food options.

:lol:

9. WORST BAKED POTATO:  Ruby Tuesday's Loaded Baked Potato

Eat this instead:Fresh Grilled Green Beans

sbr

Quote from: The Larch on June 07, 2012, 05:30:58 AM
Fine dining and tilapia are totally incompatible. Tilapia is a bland tasteless fish, with dubious health qualities thrown in the mix.

That's why I eat it.  I really dislike most seafood but my youngest won't eat other meats so bland tasteless fish is usually where we meet.

sbr

Quote from: 11B4V on June 07, 2012, 10:55:02 AM
Anyone here eat Greek yogurt? I can not get a taste for it.

Not straight but I make a Tzatziki-syle sauce with it.

Ed Anger

I've seen Chili nazis. I've seen Wine Snobs. But in all my years, I've never run across a fish snob.

Larch is the first. Congrats.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

sbr

Quote from: 11B4V on June 07, 2012, 09:15:57 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on June 07, 2012, 08:36:10 PM
Deep Fried Pickles. That is good food now.

That sounds like it would go with a fried bologna samich.

I loved fried bologna.  One summer my best friend and I ate a fried bologna sammich every day for lunch.

In a stunning development I haven't had one since.

Ed Anger

I try to avoid the kentucky roundsteak. Except when the hills cause a cravin'.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: DGuller on June 07, 2012, 09:44:57 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 07, 2012, 07:12:13 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on June 07, 2012, 07:09:43 PM
Never tried pickles with vodka. Didn't know that was a thing. I usually follow the vodka with more vodka.

For full effect the vodka has to be room temperature.
just after uttering "ugh, what vile filth", is about as traditional as you can get for Russians.

In Russia I imagine you utter that before and after doing just about anything.
PDH!

Ideologue

Quote from: sbr on June 08, 2012, 07:16:06 PM
Quote from: The Larch on June 07, 2012, 05:30:58 AM
Fine dining and tilapia are totally incompatible. Tilapia is a bland tasteless fish, with dubious health qualities thrown in the mix.

That's why I eat it.  I really dislike most seafood but my youngest won't eat other meats so bland tasteless fish is usually where we meet.

The fish is a chordate and produces much the same fear and pain chemicals as others of its phylum.  I miss tuna though.

Crab can suck it though.  I had a spider roll this evening.  It was billed as "giant."  I'm now eating bean burritos from Taco Bell; you draw your own conclusions.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: sbr on June 08, 2012, 07:20:30 PM

I loved fried bologna.  One summer my best friend and I ate a fried bologna sammich every day for lunch.

Friend bologna sandwiches are delicious.

But let me ask you this: mustard or mayonnaise?  CHOOSE WISELY.
Kinemalogue

sbr

Quote from: Ideologue on June 08, 2012, 11:26:30 PM
Quote from: sbr on June 08, 2012, 07:20:30 PM

Friend bologna sandwiches are delicious.

But let me ask you this: mustard or mayonnaise?  CHOOSE WISELY.

Back then I was deathly afraid of mayonnaise, but I don't remember using mustard on fried bologna either.

Maybe butter?

Ideologue

OK, even I think that's gross, dude.
Kinemalogue

Eddie Teach

Never cared for baloney, give me roast beef, turkey and/or ham instead.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Larch

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 08, 2012, 07:18:16 PM
I've seen Chili nazis. I've seen Wine Snobs. But in all my years, I've never run across a fish snob.

Larch is the first. Congrats.

It's ok, you don't know any better. :console: