News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

20 Worst Foods in USA

Started by 11B4V, June 06, 2012, 02:23:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: 11B4V on June 07, 2012, 10:55:02 AM
Anyone here eat Greek yogurt? I can not get a taste for it.

It is alright. Not my preference unless I have some good fresh fruit mixed in.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

11B4V

Quote from: garbon on June 07, 2012, 10:56:31 AM

It is alright. Not my preference unless I have some good fresh fruit mixed in.

I've tried all kinds of GY. Just cant eat it.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

derspiess

My wife has been buying it, but only the plain stuff.  And I won't go near plain or vanilla yogurt.  What is the difference between Greek & non-Greek?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

11B4V

Very brief.

QuoteGreek Yogurt vs Regular Yogurt

• Greek yogurt is so called because of the marketing of a Greek company called Fage.

• Greek yogurt is just strained regular yogurt.

• Straining removes all the liquid whey giving yogurt greater consistency

• Greek yogurt is lower in fat than regular yogurt and has twice as much protein than regular yogurt.

• The sour taste of regular yogurt is gone in Greek yogurt and is thus preferred by a majority of people though it is more expensive than regular yogurt.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

garbon

Odd. Whenever I've had Chobani, it is much more sour than regular yogurt.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

This Mediterranean restaurant nearby has a yogurt they serve to spread on bread, like butter.  But it's better than butter :)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

merithyn

Quote from: derspiess on June 07, 2012, 11:19:35 AM
This Mediterranean restaurant nearby has a yogurt they serve to spread on bread, like butter.  But it's better than butter :)

Best spread I've ever had is tsatziki, the dilly, lemony, garlicky yogurt Greek sauce. I make my own, though, because I prefer it to be more dilly, lemony, and garlicky than most restaurants make it. :mmm:

As for Greek yogurt, I like it quite a bit. It tastes slightly more tart to me than regular, which I prefer.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Admiral Yi

I agree with Larch about tilapia.  It's the steakums of seafood.

Darth Wagtaros

I made Welsh Rarebit for tnoight. Now there is a health food.

I used to have Greek Yoghurt.  NOthing special.  Thought it tasted better than kefir.
PDH!

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 07, 2012, 01:59:13 PM

I gather tilapia is now popular because it isn't heavily over-fished (at least yet).
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on June 07, 2012, 03:27:54 PM
I gather tilapia is now popular because it isn't heavily over-fished (at least yet).

It's 100% farmed.  Chinks are going crazy with the fish farming.

Admiral Yi

In related news, I read in The Economist that the fish stocks of most US fisheries have now recovered.

Meanwhile, the Euros continue to hunt the last few blue fin tuna into extinction.

Caliga

Quote from: Barrister on June 07, 2012, 03:27:54 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 07, 2012, 01:59:13 PM

I honestly think some folks are in to it because (at least around here) it's a 'new' fish with an exotic-sounding name, same as with 'Chilean sea bass'.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: viper37 on June 07, 2012, 03:53:13 PM
I have zero interest to try any of these.

Where's your sense of adventure? :(
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?