News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

20 Worst Foods in USA

Started by 11B4V, June 06, 2012, 02:23:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ideologue

QuoteIn most people's minds, "veggie" is synonymous with "healthy," which is what makes this sandwich such a sly beast. You might think it's a welterweight, but topped as it is with the trio of mozzarella cheese, Cheddar cheese, and guacamole—which together provide a full day's worth of fat—this sub fights its way into the big boys' division. If it's vegetables you seek at Quizno's, it's either the Pan Asian Chopped Salad or a fistful of fat.

I think I saw some mushrooms in there too.  Well, I know what I'm eating tomorrow.  Thanks Men's Health!  1090 calories?  Whooptie-shit.
QuotePF Chang's Double Pan-Fried Noodles Combo

1,820 calories
84 g fat (8 g saturated)
7,692 mg sodium

Consider this: Experts recommend that endurance athletes consume no more than 300 mg sodium per hour of exercise. At that rate, you would need to exercise for 25 hours to utilize the salt found in this one dish. While by no means low calorie, it's the noodles' status as the Saltiest Dish in America that truly terrifies us. Eat this and you don't need another milligram of sodium for 5 days.

Gorblimey.

These are actually pretty awful.  Get the lo mein, or the chow mein, or the dan-dan noodles, or go back in time and get the chow fun, but not this abomination.

QuoteEat This Instead!

Shanghai Shrimp with Garlic Sauce

390 calories
40 g fat (4 g saturated)
2,100 mg sodium

Nevertheless, don't get this either.  A chick had these the other day when I was in Augusta, and I had one, and they suck.

Shrimp with candied walnuts, my friends.  Shrimp in a sweet honey mayonnaise with honeydew melons and walnuts.  Now that's a meal.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

11B4V

Here, chug this along with it.

QuoteBaskin-Robbins Fudge Brownie 31 Degrees Below (large)
1,900 calories
80 g fat (39 g saturated, 1.5 g trans) 
1,350 mg sodium
225 g sugars
When Baskin-Robbins began to phase out its catastrophic line of Permium Shakes (the worst of which contained an eye-popping 2,600 calories), we cheered what we thought was the beginning of a more health-conscious corporate strategy. But this thick gulp of caloric excess is a reminder of just how deep their arsenal of belt-buckling treats runs. We might even go as far as to call this 24-ounce orgy of soft-serve, brownie, and hot fudge the most nuritionally imbalanced food in America, punishing ice cream hounds with not just an excess of calories and saturated fat, but also a concerning dose of trans fats, a dizzying amount of sugar, and, most disturbingly, more than half a day's worth of sodium.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Quote from: Ideologue on June 06, 2012, 02:36:11 AM

I think I saw some mushrooms in there too.  Well, I know what I'm eating tomorrow.  Thanks Men's Health!  1090 calories?  Whooptie-shit.

We wonder why Americans are bloated whales.

Hit IHOP for breakfast. Quizzies for lunch and Fridays for dinner. :lmfao:

Ideologue

Fine, that was unduly rude.  I EDITED THAT PART. :P

Anyway, some of those meals were egregious (anything nearing 3000 calories should be approached with caution) but 2000-2500 is okay so long as one goes in with the foreknowledge that their entire day's preferred caloric intake is on their plate.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: 11B4V on June 06, 2012, 02:49:31 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on June 06, 2012, 02:36:11 AM

We wonder why Americans are bloated whales.

Hit IHOP for breakfast. Quizzies for lunch and Fridays for dinner. :lmfao:

The only Big Country I'm interested in is a band from Scotland. :P

See, that's the thing, I only eat one real meal a day, at least per my nature, with minor snacking from time to time (and sometimes whole days are just snacking, when I want to save money or drop a pound or two, e.g., today, I ate six packs of Lance Cream Cheese and Chives crackers and four cookies [three chocolate chip, one macadameia nut and white chocolate chip :mmm: ], for a total of like 1800 calories).

What's been killing me is eating lunch, as normal, and then going out at night and eating dinner too.
Kinemalogue

11B4V

Quote from: Ideologue on June 06, 2012, 02:50:49 AM

Anyway, some of those meals were egregious (anything nearing 3000 calories should be approached with caution) but 2000-2500 is okay so long as one goes in with the foreknowledge that their entire day's preferred caloric intake is on their plate.

Yea, if you eat once a day. Not a prefered method.

Ideologue

Quote from: 11B4V on June 06, 2012, 02:56:22 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on June 06, 2012, 02:50:49 AM

Yea, if you eat once a day. Not a prefered method.

:(
Kinemalogue

11B4V

Pedrito

b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

11B4V

I seen someone come in a couple of mornings ago, with two similar and a large coke.  :lol:

Ideologue

QuoteSonic CroisSONIC Breakfast Sandwich with Sausage

650 calories
51 g fat (18 saturated)
1,350 mg sodium
28 g carbohydrates

You know what's worse for you than eating that?  Saying that name out loud to another human being.  Good Lord.
Kinemalogue

11B4V

Ideologue

QuoteWith IHOP's Simple & Fit menu offering virtually the exact same omelette for fewer than half the calories and no trans fat, we're not sure why the "hearty" version even exists. In fact, with the side of fruit, IHOP's Simple & Fit Spinach and Mushroom & Tomato Omelette is as close to a perfect restaurant breakfast as you can get.

Well, are they, as I imagine they are, the same price?
Kinemalogue

Admiral Yi