News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Classic X-COM: UFO Defense AAR - "Languish Force"

Started by Tonitrus, June 06, 2012, 01:21:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

February was not a good month...with all the reported activity in Asia, being only able to bag one scout craft left the Chinese displeased with X-COM's efforts...

X-COM leadership decides, since a new base in Asia will be needed anyway, decide to try and placate China, and select the site near the hometown, and named in honor of, the first X-COM soldier killed in action...

Monoriu: Gone, but not forgotten...

Admiral Yi

Better him than me.

Just noticed how pale and wan the Nigerians were.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 09, 2012, 02:41:53 PM
Better him than me.

Lagos here probably looked nicer and more modern in 16-bit than it does in real life. :hmm:

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 09, 2012, 02:41:53 PM

Yes, I thought that was quite inappropriate.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Iormlund

Quote from: The Brain on June 08, 2012, 12:26:21 PM
Suggestion: use the names of gay posters for female soldiers.

That's what I did in my X-Com Apocalypse game. :yes:

Tonitrus

Things are not quiet long...

As is typical for the Languish crew, they land right in the thick of it...

The HWP opens up on the hostiles, killing one, and Yi jumps out to take down the second...but then takes fire from a Cyberdisc hiding in the shadows...

Yi tosses a flare, and then gets out of the way for BB to take it out.  Strangely, the disc doesn't detonate after going down, so BB put a grenade on it...it's the only way to be sure.

After quieting down the LZ, the squad gets ready to deploy...

...the small store near the LZ is pretty much secure.  Funk will lead his team (Brazen, Garbon, The Brain, and Peter Wiggin) to secure the large 3-story apartments by the Skyranger, while Col. katmai (leading Meri, BB, Yi, and jimmy olsen) will advance across the road towards a warehouse.

The HWP, heading out to clear the open road, spots a target...

...and opens up on it....Cyberdisc kills are never pretty....

Meanwhile, Funk's team splits up to work their way around the apartment block, Funk, Brazen and Brain taking the street side; Garbon and Wiggen going around back.  But then Wiggen runs into trouble....

It's never a good idea to come that close to a Cyberdisc...dead, or alive.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

katmai

Tonitrus

Continued....

It was Garbon that had actually spotted the Cyberdisc (through the windows) before Wiggin had rounded the corner.  Fortunately, Wiggin is able to duck back out of the way, while Garbon plants a proximity grenade in front of the disc.  Katmai's team, still close to the Skyranger, halts, and they blow through that weak fence...BB and Katmai pouring fire onto the disc, taking it down...

That pesky disc out of the way, Funk's team continues around the apartment building, knowing that at least one sectoid is on the far side...and then seeing one toss a grenade  onto the third floor above Funk, Brazen and The Brain(that could be the name of a band :P )...

...this means there are at least two sectoids over there.

The HWP spots one a field in front to the apartments, and plants a missile down its throat, while Brain rounds the corner, killing the grenadier.

Meanwhile, having advanced across the road without incident, katmai and Tim clear the warehouse, getting ready to go out the back door when a sectoid stumbles in on them..Timmah instantly filling it with laser....

Hunting down the last sectoid, Yi spots it from behind it's position in a damaged building, while Funk's team across the street, having a better bead on him, opens fire...Brazen killing it a well-targeted shot.

Turns out to be a textbook terror mission.  No friendly casualties, and only 2 civilians lost.

Admiral Yi

I threw a flare and spotted something.  I demand medals and some pussy.

Tonitrus

Just wait until we see how Yi's fate turns in the upcoming chapter...  :menace:

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 09, 2012, 08:12:09 PM

Maybe learn how to throw a grenade next time.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tonitrus

In that case, Yi did all right.  He didn't have enough TUs to prime a grenade (not very effective against discs anyway), but he was able to light it up(literally) for the rest of the team coming out of the Skyranger to light it up(figuratively).

katmai

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 09, 2012, 08:12:09 PM
Weekend pass revoked!