Korea
Peter Wiggin
Admiral Yi*
Merithyn
Barrister Boy*
Malthus - MIA

Viking

Quote from: Tonitrus on June 10, 2012, 02:11:52 PM

Soo.. what does this stuff mean, I see right hand something that looks like a big gun, in my left something that looks like a spherical IPhone. What does the rest mean.

Never played this...

Viking and Berkut finishing off the last holdouts...

Me and Berk cooperating? Now I know this is fiction.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Viking on June 10, 2012, 04:32:20 PM

Soo.. what does this stuff mean, I see right hand something that looks like a big gun, in my left something that looks like a spherical IPhone. What does the rest mean.

Never played this...

He has a laser rifle...the thing in his left hand is an electroflare (as this was a night mission).  On his belt are a medkit, two regular grenades and a proximity grenade.

Admiral Yi

Of course the white boy going Borg passes completely without comment.  :rolleyes:

ulmont

Quote from: Tonitrus on June 10, 2012, 04:37:47 PM
He has a laser rifle...the thing in his left hand is an electroflare (as this was a night mission).  On his belt are a medkit, two regular grenades and a proximity grenade.

I assume you're tossing the electroflares well before firing, since having anything in the off hand gives a to-hit penalty for rifles etc.?

PDH

I guess X-Com isn't screening new recruits for mental toughness...

Barrister and Malthus were lured to the dark side with incentives of unlimited hourly billing privileges if they work for the bad guys.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Tonitrus

Quote from: ulmont on June 10, 2012, 04:45:42 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on June 10, 2012, 04:37:47 PM

I assume you're tossing the electroflares well before firing, since having anything in the off hand gives a to-hit penalty for rifles etc.?

I try to...but sometimes circumstances (usually when coming off the Skyranger into a hot LZ) make firing more important.

MadBurgerMaker

X-COM was/is a badass game.  Nice AAR.

Last night, I watched a trailer for the new, probably lame FPS version of X-COM, and nearly lost my mind when I read the single comment that was on there: "Looks like a Halo ripoff"

Tonitrus

In this episode...Terror in Bombay

Jaron, the recent promotee to Captain, leads this squad to save the poor souls of the Indian subcontinent.  Immediately, things don't look very good...

...the HWP drops one of the pair of discs, Jaron takes the other.  Garbon also manages to kill another (unpictured) sectoid hiding in a nearby garden.  Then things go bad...

grumbler moves to fire on the sectoid and kills it, but is struck down by a hidden enemy in the darkness.  Ide moves out and avenges grumbler.  But then Grey Fox moves to fire on the disc off the nose of the Skyranger, but it returns a hail of fire, killing him and striking Ide in the back of the head.  Berkut moves up to support and is shot dead as well.

Crazy canuck heals Ide's head injury...

...and he is back in the fight, striking down the murderous Cyberdisc, but despite this, derspiess begins to panic as Jaron has already lost a third of his team.

Can Captain Jaron pull his squad back together?

garbon

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on June 10, 2012, 05:07:14 PM

Last night, I watched a trailer for the new, probably lame FPS version of X-COM, and nearly lost my mind when I read the single comment that was on there: "Looks like a Halo ripoff"

Well there's the strategy re-make in the works for fall.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malicious Intent

Quote from: garbon on June 10, 2012, 06:14:50 PM

http://www.xcom.com/enemyunknown/

Tonitrus

After clearing a warehouse, Valmy spots another cyberdisc...but between him and it, is an innocent bystander...

He radios Capt. Jaron asking what should he do?

"Kill them all."

Another successful mission...

Capt. Jaron is sent to command the fledgling Monoriu station(with Timmah as his NCOIC).

Despite constant patrols and aerial searches, no alien base is found in China or Siberia, and March ends with no complaints from the Chinese (nor defection either)...

garbon

Quote from: Malicious Intent on June 10, 2012, 06:52:40 PM

http://www.xcom.com/enemyunknown/

Sorry that was more of a - don't be so sad about the FPS as there is a strategy game on the way. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

Which i hope turns out well, firaxis has track record for decent games iirc.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

MadBurgerMaker

The fall?  This fall?!  :w00t:  I didn't know it was going to be out so soon, although I suppose its been in development for a while.