Classic X-COM: UFO Defense AAR - "Languish Force"

Started by Tonitrus, June 06, 2012, 01:21:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Not much significant activity over the last while, and May end as another successful month...

So far, mostly cleaning up the odd alien scout that appears...here is one such mission, with katmai fielding one of PDH's new Power Suits...

The biggest activity, and alien supply ship over North Africa (a subsequent search for a possible base turned up nothing):

One casualty to report during all this time...Savonarola was KIA by a Snakeman while cleaning up after a downed scout in the Amazonian jungle...

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tonitrus on June 14, 2012, 12:58:15 PM
Also, after many closed door meetings, and much controversy, Col. CdM was transferred to take command of Monoriu Station outside of Hong Kong,

What, Ice Station Zebra or Diego Garcia wasn't available?  :mad:

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 14, 2012, 01:14:28 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on June 14, 2012, 12:58:15 PM
Also, after many closed door meetings, and much controversy, Col. CdM was transferred to take command of Monoriu Station outside of Hong Kong,

What, Ice Station Zebra or Diego Garcia wasn't available?  :mad:

You can give shelter to scared Chinese teenage girls in your quarter, though.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tonitrus

Alien activity slowly begins to rise...as do losses...

During a mission to clean up a scout wreckage taken down over Belgium,

...Lettow, and The Larch not longer after this...

...are added to the Roll of Honor.  Not all missions are routine.

Then signs that a large alien invasion operation is underway; an alien battleship...

...is spotted over the Sahara, and Interceptors from all over scramble to assemble enough numbers to combat the threat.  After intense aerial combat, four Interceptors (both those from Beet Field, and both from Ed Anger & MiM stations) are destroyed before the battleship is finally brought down.

An accompanying transport craft is also taken down, and quickly, the scope of the invasion is revealed...

Skyrangers from all three major bases deploy:  Funk's team from Vagina Wall hits the base first, and in another textbook, casualty-free operation, takes down the alien base before it becomes fully operational.

Now, the other two teams from Beet Field, and Monoriu station move in clean up the ship wreckage.

Lettow77

It was a good run. I'm glad I got to Be The Little Girl.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Tonitrus

Tamas gearing up with his tame to clean up the battleship wreckage:

Clearing the exterior...

Minsky taking point on moving into the interior of the ship:

...only later to be slain by an unexpected Muton...

Tamas' team clears the third level and the remaining enemies without further casualties.

Onto Jaron's team taking down the transport...

Agelastus is killed when a hostile pops out while the team gets ready to breech the first level:

DGuller taking down a hostile:

This Muton walked right by a few troopers, seemingly having a thing for HMB:

Timmah and fahdiz finished up by clearing the third level.

Roll of Honor (updated)
Monoriu
Ed Anger
Siege
Neil
MiM
Razgovory
Hansmeister
Lady Europa
Princesca
Alcibiades
Korea
Peter Wiggin
Admiral Yi*
Merithyn
Barrister Boy*
Malthus - MIA
grumbler
Grey Fox
Berkut
LustInDarkness
Tyr
capturedfairy*
sbr*
Viking
Syt
Savonarola
Lettow77
The Larch
The Minsky Moment
Agelastus

PDH

Time for PDH to start working on those fancy new transports.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Tonitrus

Quote from: PDH on June 15, 2012, 06:00:36 PM
Time for PDH to start working on those fancy new transports.

We'd be happy with some hover tanks.

Scipio

What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Tonitrus

Quote from: Scipio on June 15, 2012, 07:31:14 PM
Still not on roster.  Fuck you guys.

You are.  That there above is the "dead list"

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

sbr

Quote from: Habbaku on June 15, 2012, 08:02:38 PM
Yeah, but he wants to be on that one.

I'll add him to my game.

Six weeks into my first game I had a terror in Delhi, 4 of my 7 soldiers were killed and the other 3 ran for their lives.  Couple of weeks later had another terror, I lost 5 more including 3 to one alien thrown grenade but I finished the mission.  Next week aliens invade my one base.  Quit game.

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Scipio

Quote from: Tonitrus on June 15, 2012, 07:46:36 PM
Quote from: Scipio on June 15, 2012, 07:31:14 PM
Still not on roster.  Fuck you guys.

You are.  That there above is the "dead list"

My bad.

I just haven't done anything.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt