Classic X-COM: UFO Defense AAR - "Languish Force"

Started by Tonitrus, June 06, 2012, 01:21:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tonitrus on June 09, 2012, 08:23:28 PM
In that case, Yi did all right.  He didn't have enough TUs to prime a grenade (not very effective against discs anyway), but he was able to light it up(literally) for the rest of the team coming out of the Skyranger to light it up(figuratively).

In your face grabon. :punk:

Tonitrus

More intel reports come in of alien activity in China...we cannot let them down again, so the new Interceptor in Europe heads out to investigate while the Skyranger from NA head takes off to provide quick support if needed.  The Beet Fighter spots a medium-sized abductor on the ground scooping up Chinese cattle and civilians, so it patrols on station overhead while the Skyranger and two back-up Interceptors from NA come screaming over the North Pole....

(Gameplay note:  One bad thing about X-COM, is it does a bad job simulating saving fuel but having aircraft auto-navigate over the Pole, so doing a little manual control helps quite a bit over just having it go automatically on the target.)

The alien abductors take off, hoping to escape with their booty, and knowing one Interceptor might not be able to handle a medium-sized craft, the Beet Fighter waits for backup, and the three craft engage the enemy, bringing it down...

The Skyranger quickly follows up to clean out the crash site...but as the HWP rolls out, it quickly spots a group of survivors holed up in a nearby barn...

That group of sectoids is quickly eliminated, and the squad fans out to clear the area around the craft...with Yi taking down one sectoid, and Caliga another.

A team, lead by Merithyn get ready to storm the wreckage...

With Korea taking point, they quickly move the craft...Yi takes down one sectoid on the lower floor, and Tim on the second...

...but unfortunaely, Korea gets too far ahead and caught without backup...

And soon, things take a turn for the worse....

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

They're not such bad guys once you get to know them.  :)

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Jaron

I haven't read this in a few days....is Jaron....d-dead?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Jaron on June 09, 2012, 09:01:03 PM
I haven't read this in a few days....is Jaron....d-dead?

He was on this mission, but was mostly in the rear, as I forgot to switch out body armor for a few guys, and he was one of the naked.  :P

Tonitrus

Before switching sides...Yi and Wiggin were on one side of the 3rd-level bridge, Timmah and Merithyn on the other, getting ready to storm the sectoid's last stand.

But alas, Evil Yi would cowardly cut down his buddy, Wiggin, and Meri had also been psi-hit into a panic, dropping her weapon.

The rest of the squadron was still outside the spacecraft, clearing farm buildings...only Timmah remained to save the day.

He would make a suicidal charge onto the bridge, finding Evil Yi there consorting with the enemy...Timmah shoots down one alien before ducking back into the elevator shaft with Meri.  Then Evil Yi storms after Tim, killing the defenseless Merithyn before retreating back onto the bridge.

Tim courageously puts it all on the line, confronting Evil Yi....

...and Tim is victorious!  With Evil Yi dead, he finishes off the Sectoid Leader, and Languish Force comes out on top once again!

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Tonitrus

Languish Force Roll of Honor:

Monoriu
Ed Anger
Siege
Neil
MadImmortalMan
Too Old, too fat
Razgovory
Hansmeister
Lady Europa
Princesca
Alcibiades
Korea
Peter Wiggin
Merithyn
Admiral Yi

katmai

Never trust a harvard man. And weekend passes still revoked!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Admiral Yi

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 09, 2012, 08:33:09 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on June 09, 2012, 08:23:28 PM
In that case, Yi did all right.  He didn't have enough TUs to prime a grenade (not very effective against discs anyway), but he was able to light it up(literally) for the rest of the team coming out of the Skyranger to light it up(figuratively).

In your face grabon. :punk:

How's my face now?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.