News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

How much does weight factor in?

Started by merithyn, May 25, 2012, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Of the top five things you look for in a partner - 1 most important, 5 least important of the top 5 - where is the person's weight on the scale?

Not something I pay much attention to

Martinus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 25, 2012, 09:48:48 PM
And I don't buy into the whole "He should love me for no matter what I look like" bullshit I see with some married couples I know, either. 
You were 110lbs when we dated, lady. That ring on your finger wasn't a zeppelin license.

Yeah but this works for men too - I've seen a lot of guys go all "daddy" few years into marriage, bald patch, pot belly and man boobs and shit.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Lettow77 on May 26, 2012, 04:17:04 AM
Friendship doesn't really cover it though, and friendship isn't really enough.

I appreciate your answers, but we don't understand each other.
Don't do friendship down.  I'm very Montaignan on friendship, minus the enormous sexism.
Let's bomb Russia!

Lettow77

I might agree with you on the greatness of friendship, but that's not how society works, exactly. Friends are secondary to long-term sexual partners- the family is the closest unit of society. Once you are married, who is supposed to be closer to you than your wife? And there is little commonality with a single man.

A man is expected to pursue such a relationship, or live alone if he can't. Friends who live together, share the same house and act as a single unite of communal welfare their entire lives- that is so much an oddity as to be almost nonexistent.

Whereas, if this friend was your lover, they are bound to you by a more tangible cord- it is nothing strange for lovers to live together and bind their destinies. Considering that, aren't sexual acts a small price to pay? People have sold their body and gotten much less in return.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Martinus

Lettow, in a young guy like you, fantasies about a relationship with a girl you are not sexually attracted to but have a deep emotional bond with usually mean one thing. :console:

11B4V

Quote from: Martinus on May 26, 2012, 04:43:58 AM
Lettow, in a young guy like you, fantasies about a relationship with a girl you are not sexually attracted to but have a deep emotional bond with usually mean one thing. :console:

:o

Lettuce you may be, in fact, Teh Gay
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Lettow77

How does that conclusion spring from that statement? I didn't really get it in the first place.

But no, there is no woman I have a deep emotional bond with, and no living person at all I fantasize about. However, even without the sexual aspect, I still view relationships as a positive and desirable thing. I think submitting to sexuality is worth it, but find it strange that people who purport to have active, healthy sex drives don't seem to think so at all- is this because to them sexuality has always been a gratifying and pleasant experience, and they never considered it as something exclusively in the service of someone else? But sexuality has all sorts of non-reciprocal acts, so I can't imagine that's the case.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on May 26, 2012, 03:02:59 AM
No soda, no smoke, dont drink anymore.

Hell, I dropped 20lbs just doing that.  Sodas are sooo fucking bad for you.

Laying off the fast food is the best bet of all--hell, I decided to treat myself to Five Guys a few weeks ago when I was feeling down--fuck me, I felt like crap for about 18 hours, and I could feel my BP going through the roof.  It was like eating a sodium claymore.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Martinus on May 26, 2012, 04:43:58 AM

He's a Jedi and she's his twin sister?  :hmm:

Oh, strike that, there was definitely chemistry there.  :lol:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 26, 2012, 05:09:13 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on May 26, 2012, 03:02:59 AM
No soda, no smoke, dont drink anymore.

Hell, I dropped 20lbs just doing that.  Sodas are sooo fucking bad for you.

Laying off the fast food is the best bet of all--hell, I decided to treat myself to Five Guys a few weeks ago when I was feeling down--fuck me, I felt like crap for about 18 hours, and I could feel my BP going through the roof.  It was like eating a sodium claymore.

Funny the effect when you purge your system for awhile, then eat that (crap) again. :yes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATYJx3x0nyo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2diPZOtty0&feature=related
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

I actually refused to watch that movie.   :lol: I just didn't want to know, man.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 26, 2012, 06:04:23 AM
I actually refused to watch that movie.   :lol: I just didn't want to know, man.

It is funny as hell. Laughed my ass off.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 25, 2012, 11:24:24 PM
Quote from: Benedict Arnold on May 25, 2012, 11:06:55 PM
Super skinny (a la girl on the left in the picture) is as bad as overly heavy to me.  I'm always afraid I'd snap them.

You'd be surprised;  skinny chicks can fuck like race horses.

I subscribe to the theory that there are two types of fuckchicks:  you've got your Tailbacks, and you've got your Fullbacks.

Tailbacks are built for speed and endurance, flexible and can fuck for hours;  give them room to run, and they will rip off the yardage for you all night.
Fullbacks can tote the rock to a certain extent, but more importantly, their value is in taking the punishment you dish out--more so than the Tailbacks, who might otherwise tap out.

In short, going back to the 3 chicks pic, #1 is your classic Tailback, #3 is your Fullback bondage fuckslut.  #2 is a tweener, but don't expect her to last all night, and she probably couldn't handle the forced ass play and dental gag.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to whack off.

This post made me wet.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Quote from: Lettow77 on May 26, 2012, 04:53:40 AM
How does that conclusion spring from that statement? I didn't really get it in the first place.

But no, there is no woman I have a deep emotional bond with, and no living person at all I fantasize about. However, even without the sexual aspect, I still view relationships as a positive and desirable thing. I think submitting to sexuality is worth it, but find it strange that people who purport to have active, healthy sex drives don't seem to think so at all- is this because to them sexuality has always been a gratifying and pleasant experience, and they never considered it as something exclusively in the service of someone else? But sexuality has all sorts of non-reciprocal acts, so I can't imagine that's the case.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWeksXqWfbs

merithyn

Quote from: Ideologue on May 26, 2012, 01:56:05 AM
Why do people get fat, anyway?

You do realize that metabolism is a factor, right? For some of us, we're fighting more than just calorie intake and exercise. I started walking between 5-9 miles every day at 3mph and limiting my calorie intake to 1200/day two months ago. I haven't lost a single pound.

Part of that is because I've given birth to five babies, and each pregnancy drops a woman's metabolism. Another part is because I'm firmly ensconced in menopause, which also drops a woman's metabolism. It's evolutionary: lower metabolism means less requirement for food, which means easier to keep even when we get old. The same happens for men as they get older, but it takes longer to happen.

For me to lose the extra 30-40 pounds that I carry, I'd have to drop my calorie intake to around 800-900 calories/day while maintaining my walking schedule, or up my exercise to adding another hour or more to my cardio. I already walk 1.5 - 2 hours every day. The reason I stick to walking is because I have joint issues and exercise-induced asthma. Once the pools open, I'll start swimming a couple of times a week, too.

It's not so much a choice, Ide, as life and body circumstances.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...