News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

How much does weight factor in?

Started by merithyn, May 25, 2012, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Of the top five things you look for in a partner - 1 most important, 5 least important of the top 5 - where is the person's weight on the scale?

Not something I pay much attention to

Berkut

Weight factors in a lot more on initial attraction than long term attraction.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Jacob

Weight as a number doesn't really matter that much, what matters is body shape. My aesthetics were determined growing up in Europe, so what may be considered "average" in present day America I'd consider unacceptably fat in terms of attraction. Someone who's somewhat outside my ideal range in body shape can still be attractive on other factors: personality, face structure, style and so on; but the further away they are from the range, the bigger the minus to overcome. This is supremely important at the beginning of the relationship, and while it becomes less important as time goes on it still matters.

So weight definitely factors in. How much depends on the the amount of weight and the strength of other factors.

Eddie Teach

I don't like the poll question, it requires too much thought, most of which is not about the issue at hand. You have to brainstorm everything important about relationships and then classify and rank them? Pass.

Some level of physical attraction is a requirement, and weight is certainly part of that. But I'm pretty flexible on that, I'd say 90-180 lbs is the acceptable range, depending partly on height and physique of course.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Eddie Teach

Quote from: 11B4V on May 25, 2012, 07:37:28 PM

L- A bit more muscular than I'd prefer, but still hit it in a heartbeat.
M- Goddess
R- Sure, I'm desperate enough.

Jacob

Quote from: 11B4V on May 25, 2012, 07:37:28 PM
L to R
Acceptable
Acceptable
Borderline fatty, probably not. looks like she could blowout into a biggin'

Because sharing your aesthetic judgement is fun. L to R:

Left: Used to be my ideal, but now I find her a little on the bony side. Perfectly fine.
Middle: Perfectly fine.
Right: Growing up I'd have considered her fat and completely beyond acceptable. Now I think she's chubby but cute enough. Should my wife end up that shape over the years, that's perfectly fine; but had she looked like that when we started dating I might not have tried to get with her at all.

CountDeMoney

And I don't buy into the whole "He should love me for no matter what I look like" bullshit I see with some married couples I know, either. 
You were 110lbs when we dated, lady. That ring on your finger wasn't a zeppelin license.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Jacob on May 25, 2012, 09:48:07 PM
Because sharing your aesthetic judgement is fun. L to R:

I'd fuck all three, but I'd forget to call #1 the day after, and #3 and I would probably join a gym, to keep our relationship all frisky and shit. 

I'm a legs-and-ass man, and #1 looks like she walked out of Auschwitz over the weekend, and you know she'd look like shit in nylons.  Not shapely at all.

Don't get #3 preggers, or you'll see all your household appliances pulled into its orbit.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 25, 2012, 09:48:48 PM
And I don't buy into the whole "He should love me for no matter what I look like" bullshit I see with some married couples I know, either. 
You were 110lbs when we dated, lady. That ring on your finger wasn't a zeppelin license.

:yes:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

Is Meri looking for a new husband?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

dps

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 25, 2012, 09:44:41 PM
I don't like the poll question, it requires too much thought, most of which is not about the issue at hand. You have to brainstorm everything important about relationships and then classify and rank them? Pass.

Beyond that, the actual weight has to be considered in relation to height.  A weight that would be attractive on a chick who's 5'10" might well be too heavy for a chick who tops out at 5'.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: merithyn on May 25, 2012, 07:25:07 PM
EDIT: As an example, I offer these two women sizes. I will point out that women sizes can go as big as 32+, so the big girl in this pic is half the size of the largest women out there.

Truth.  The girlfriend's roommate from a few years ago was a size 24. :bleeding:

Me, I'm not paying too much attention to it.  The girlfriend's a size 12, but she's got the height and the build to carry it well (she's kinda on the Amazonian side).  I've been with both heavier and skinnier girls.  Boniness was an issue with the skinniest, though.
Experience bij!

11B4V

Quote from: dps on May 25, 2012, 10:07:10 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 25, 2012, 09:44:41 PM

Beyond that, the actual weight has to be considered in relation to height.  A weight that would be attractive on a chick who's 5'10" might well be too heavy for a chick who tops out at 5'.

Ya think
That's called height/weight porportionate. Thanks for pointing out the obvious.

My ex averaged between 180-190 lbs, but she was 6' 4"

Current is 5' 10" @ 160
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Quote from: Berkut on May 25, 2012, 09:22:09 PM
Weight factors in a lot more on initial attraction than long term attraction.

Depend on the individual...yes. Some people like fattys

Jaron

Is that faceless pic you Merithyn?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: DontSayBanana on May 25, 2012, 10:10:35 PM
The girlfriend's a size 12, but she's got the height and the build to carry it well (she's kinda on the Amazonian side).

Is she bigger than you?