1 (2.1%)
D: England
2 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Martinus

The Croat and Spanish game will be the study in the prisoner dilemma, btw. :D

Martinus

Quote from: Liep on June 18, 2012, 08:47:34 AM
Holy shit, Bendtner was fined €100.000 and suspended for 1 game for his underpants stunt. :lol:

That's four times the highest penalty for racist slurrs. At least it's good to see UEFA got its priorities straight, as always.

szmik

Quote from: Martinus on June 18, 2012, 10:38:21 AM
Really?  :hmm: If Italy beats Eire with more than 1 goal, which is highly likely, Croats have to win to advance.

Anyway it will be interesting how it develops. I recall Scandinavian plot during Euro 2004 to kick Italians out.  :D
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Liep

Quote from: szmik on June 18, 2012, 11:15:22 AM
Quote from: Martinus on June 18, 2012, 10:38:21 AM
Really?  :hmm: If Italy beats Eire with more than 1 goal, which is highly likely, Croats have to win to advance.

Nah, they'd all be on 5 points and then goals against Ireland won't count. So if they tie with more than 1-1 Italy is fucked, if it's 1-1 it comes down to UEFA rankings or something.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josephus

If Italy beats Ireland, say 1-0 and Spain Croatia draw 1-1 then:

Spain 5 points GD 2-2 (not including game v. eire)
Croatia 5 points GD 2-2
Italy 5 points GD 2-2

So because it's all tied, then they do the GD involving the whole group so:

Spain 6-2
Croatia 5-3
Italy 3-2

So that means with a 1-1 draw, Spain and Croatia qualify.

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Liep

With a 1-1 draw Italy can still qualify if they beat the living shit out of Ireland.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

DGuller

Are there any rules against implicit collusion?  That is, intentionally letting in a goal not because you explicitly colluded to fix the results with the other team, but because it's in your advantage to do so?  I can see a situation where Italy is destroying Ireland, and one of the other two teams have no shot.  They let the other team score a couple of goals, because they're desperate and have nothing to lose anyway.  Then the other team can itself allow a couple of goals, because they're in either way, but they'd rather knock Italy out than their opponent.

szmik

There are no such rules, during Euro 2004 that was exactly what happened, with Italy kicked out because of it. :nelson:
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Syt

Quote from: DGuller on June 18, 2012, 11:54:57 AM
Are there any rules against implicit collusion?  That is, intentionally letting in a goal not because you explicitly colluded to fix the results with the other team, but because it's in your advantage to do so?  I can see a situation where Italy is destroying Ireland, and one of the other two teams have no shot.  They let the other team score a couple of goals, because they're desperate and have nothing to lose anyway.  Then the other team can itself allow a couple of goals, because they're in either way, but they'd rather knock Italy out than their opponent.

See:
Nichtangriffspakt von Gijón (lit. Non-aggression pact of Gijón) or Schande von Gijón (lit. Disgrace of Gijón), while in Algeria it is known as the Anschluss.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Liep

Quote from: szmik on June 18, 2012, 12:00:38 PM
There are no such rules, during Euro 2004 that was exactly what happened, with Italy kicked out because of it. :nelson:
I object. Denmark and Sweden were the better teams and thus qualified. The score of 2-2 was merely coincidental. Although the Danish defense didn't look rock solid when Sweden scored the late equaliser. :unsure:

Josephus

Quote from: DGuller on June 18, 2012, 11:54:57 AM

If it's a 2-2 draw you can guarnatee that the wops will be crying collusion. They call it the bischotte scandal.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

PDH

Apparantly when they did the scoreboard test it showed a 2-2 between Spain and Croatia  :)
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Liep

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

szmik

Quote from: Liep on June 18, 2012, 12:04:22 PM
Quote from: szmik on June 18, 2012, 12:00:38 PM
I object. Denmark and Sweden were the better teams and thus qualified.
agreed
QuoteThe score of 2-2 was merely coincidental. Although the Danish defense didn't look rock solid when Sweden scored the late equaliser. :unsure:
really really?    :yeahright:

Bookies are still paying 7:1 for 2:2  :hmm: