D: Sweden
0 (0%)
D: France
1 (2.1%)
D: England
2 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Martinus

Other than the French, I think I'm going to root for the Czechs now. They are the closest cousins of Poles in the championship, but from the "no chip on the shoulder" side of the family.

Maladict

Quote from: Syt on June 17, 2012, 02:28:47 AM
If Germany draws at least a tie today they'll clinch Group B - meaning they'll meet Greece in the next round. That should be fun. :lol:

I think Germany will have an easier time against the Czechs.

Tamas

Yeah the Czechs will probably try to not just defend against them (as they couldn't, anyways) and lose.

szmik

Since when Marti is interested in football?  :hmm:

Funny thing I didn't listen to mind and bet on Poland to qualify, but I should have known better, Polish teams rarely disappoint when you bet against them.  :nelson:
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Martinus

Quote from: szmik on June 17, 2012, 05:29:46 AM
Since when Marti is interested in football?  :hmm:

Funny thing I didn't listen to mind and bet on Poland to qualify, but I should have known better, Polish teams rarely disappoint when you bet against them.  :nelson:

Did you go to Warsaw to beat up some Russians? Your hero, Janusz Korwin-Mikke, did.

szmik

Quote from: Martinus on June 17, 2012, 05:36:05 AM
Did you go to Warsaw to beat up some Russians? Your hero, Janusz Korwin-Mikke, did.

You still beat that 10 year old dead horse. :lmfao: I didn't know you're into necro-bestiality now.  :D
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Martinus

You started with the passively-aggressive post about me being interested in football.

Anyway, I'm not interested in football per se - I posted in this thread before that I find the game itself to be extremely boring. I am just interested in the simulacrum of football that is now dominating the media - the whole pop culture event around it. And predictions of Polish victories meeting reality are a really juicy part of it.

Edit: Plus some guys are hot.

Scipio

Is it me, or did the Czechs spend a lot of time falling down like a bunch of little girls?
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

szmik

Quote from: Martinus on June 17, 2012, 06:24:43 AM
.... I am just interested in the simulacrum of football that is now dominating the media - the whole pop culture event around it. And predictions of Polish victories meeting reality are a really juicy part of it.

Anyway, I generally share your sentiments regarding this circus tournament.

and OT, I doubt poor general would comit suicide just like that... too many poor souls are claimed doing it last few years, seems more like a pattern of people who knew too much and weren't sure not to share.  :hmm:

Liep

Quote from: Scipio on June 17, 2012, 07:10:40 AM
Is it me, or did the Czechs spend a lot of time falling down like a bunch of little girls?
It's not fair to single out the Czechs as almost all professional footballers will fall like little girls if it's to their advantage.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josephus

If Germany draws at least a tie today they'll clinch Group B - meaning they'll meet Greece in the next round. That should be fun. :lol:

The Germans will bail them out with a gift of two goals to start.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

HVC

Quote from: Josephus on June 17, 2012, 08:47:07 AM

The Germans will bail them out with a gift of two goals to start.
But greece will have to field one less player and the rest must take massive pay cuts.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Scipio

Quote from: Liep on June 17, 2012, 08:09:02 AM
Quote from: Scipio on June 17, 2012, 07:10:40 AM
It's not fair to single out the Czechs as almost all professional footballers will fall like little girls if it's to their advantage.
But I only watched the Czechs yesterday.  And they were flopping like a double chins at the Old Country Buffet.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Martinus

It would be fun to see Denmark and Portugal to win today and send Germany home. :D

HVC

Italian ref in the Portugal Netherlands game? Well Portugal is gonna lose this one :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.