And we're back!

Main Menu

Virgin Queen PBEM Recruitment

Started by Habbaku, May 09, 2012, 12:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Drakken on July 02, 2012, 10:07:10 PM
Quote from: garbon on July 02, 2012, 08:19:30 PM
Drak - commanders have Battle Rating and Command Rating. I think it is pretty clear that p.19 is referring to highest Battle Rating.

Henri III had 8 Command Rating - and 0 Battle Rating.  :rolleyes:

I'm not really sure why I'm getting the roll-eyes because you took command rating to be referenced in that section rather than battle rating.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Drakken

Quote from: garbon on July 02, 2012, 10:11:50 PM
I'm not really sure why I'm getting the roll-eyes because you took command rating to be referenced in that section rather than battle rating.

Not at you, but at the rule. As interpreted it makes it totally useless to ever have leaders at 0 Battle Rating in the game, except in the rarest circumstances a leader is killed or captured. Every player will place two leaders together to maximize the number of land units under theirjoint command, and as most of them have 1 Battle Rating it means almost all formation will have a +1 dice due to having any leader with that rating.

To me, the rule resembled how it was in EU2 and Historical EU3: The leader with the highest Command Rating was the one whose bonuses were applied, and as Henri III is the King and has 0BR it means there's no dice bonus. Made sense to me, Henri III was more busy fooling around with his mignons than getting interested in military affairs.

Drakken

Holy Roman Empire: Play Card as Event
#56: 2 / Index of Prohibited Books

Message from Holy Roman Empire:
Cancel the progress of Marlowe for the English. Put on the Turk Track.

Off to Garbon.

Habbaku

Quote from: Drakken on July 02, 2012, 10:43:52 PM
Not at you, but at the rule. As interpreted it makes it totally useless to ever have leaders at 0 Battle Rating in the game, except in the rarest circumstances a leader is killed or captured. Every player will place two leaders together to maximize the number of land units under theirjoint command, and as most of them have 1 Battle Rating it means almost all formation will have a +1 dice due to having any leader with that rating.

That's a very large and completely silly assumption.  Can you really not imagine a situation in which someone might keep their two leaders separated?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Drakken

Quote from: Habbaku on July 02, 2012, 10:53:10 PM
That's a very large and completely silly assumption.  Can you really not imagine a situation in which someone might keep their two leaders separated?

Not if you want to have a fighting chance against someone who doesn't.

Habbaku

Yeah, I'm sure there's never going to be a situation in which someone has enough troops to send two stacks off against divergent targets like, say, two different fortified spaces.  :wacko:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Figures Garbon would hit both the two 6s he needed to convert Paris and the 6 needed to actually take it.  Sigh.

En avant!

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on July 02, 2012, 11:41:27 PM
Figures Garbon would hit both the two 6s he needed to convert Paris and the 6 needed to actually take it.  Sigh.

En avant!

Yeah I didn't think my sermon would be that rousing!

QuotePlaying homecard for CPs.

1-2/5 - Preaching a sermon in France.
Rouen converts followed by Boulogne, Paris and Amiens.

3-5/5 3 CP rebellion in Paris.
Paris falls to Huguenot forces - Amiens, Boulogne also flip.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

Spain: Message

Place Armada in Corunna
Upgrade to 4
Place 1 regular on Armada
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

ulmont

Habbaku

I'm going to wait to see what Tamas does since, you know, it's his turn.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Didn't I tell that I am going to pass?

In fact, I will pass out the turn unless bothered by someone who doesn't know better.

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on July 03, 2012, 09:25:32 AM
Didn't I tell that I am going to pass?

In fact, I will pass out the turn unless bothered by someone who doesn't know better.

No, I don't see anything like that after your most recent play.

Tamas

ooops! I thought I did

Why did you guys skip me then?  :mad:

Habbaku

QuoteFrance: Play Card as Operations
#60: 2 / John Knox

Message from France:
For CPs :

1/2 - Both leaders, 5 regulars, 2 mercenaries to Dijon.
2/2 - "" to Paris.

The true king besieges Paris.  Back to Garbon.

-J. R. R. Tolkien