Started by CountDeMoney, May 08, 2012, 10:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

I'm only in my first season funk, how would i know :rolleyes:

But really Seedy got Maryland to champs in what 5 years? :lol:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Quote from: FunkMonk on December 08, 2012, 09:11:33 AM
Is it possible to take a team like UTSA or San Jose State to the National Championship in a couple seasons? If so, does it feel gamey and gimmicky or does it feel like you accomplished something? The last NCAA game I played was like back in 2008 or 2009 and only for a few hours.

Does those teams have a good-ish QB and Wideouts? Use the air raid playbook(like Indiana's) and rack up the points.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

FunkMonk

I want to move UTSA to the Big 12 to simulate its instability.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on December 08, 2012, 09:55:11 AM
I'm only in my first season funk, how would i know :rolleyes:

But really Seedy got Maryland to champs in what 5 years? :lol:

And it was a fucking haul.  Anyway, I'm in the first year of my third contract, so I'm starting my 7th season.

My first year, I managed to get them into to the Champs Sports Bowl with an 8-4 record;  if I hadn't dropped my last game, I would've drawn Rutgers.  Alas, I got Notre Dame, and got pasted.
2nd season, I got to the Chik-fil-A bowl, and lost to South Carolina in a squeaker.
3rd season, I won the ACC and got to the Orange Bowl and beat somebody.
4th season, I lost the ACC Championship to FSU, but got to the Orange Bowl and had my vengeance against South Carolina.

Thing is, when you start getting to bowls and winning them, even little ones, it starts to attract the recruits.  And I always stay one season ahead with my team needs, so I'm not jammed up in a position by seniors or declaring juniors.

Important thing is, you can't break your promises to recruits, because they will transfer out, and it's a bitch.  The easiest ones to make and keep are beating team rivals in the first season, no redshirt the first year (I usually redshirt sophomores, they get some nice upgrades in the off-season workout as a freshman and some playing time, and then get some improvements after the redshirt phase), and if he's a high enough freshman to start over your sophs or juniors, substantial playing time as a fresh.  Hell, at the point I'm at now, I manage something like 330 points a promise.  It helps keeping you in contention, and I've overtaken teams that have been in the top 3 phase.

Biggest thing I did for Maryland was making an effort to establish Ohio, California and Florida as pipeline states.  That pipeline bonus comes in handy.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: FunkMonk on December 08, 2012, 09:11:33 AM
Is it possible to take a team like UTSA or San Jose State to the National Championship in a couple seasons? If so, does it feel gamey and gimmicky or does it feel like you accomplished something? The last NCAA game I played was like back in 2008 or 2009 and only for a few hours.

I'm starting a parallel dynasty with Navy.  :lol: 

Little schools can become major powers, but it takes time.  Beat your rivals, get to bowls and win them, and win home games.  That will increase both your coach and team prestige ratings over time, and definitely impact your recruiting.

sbr

I always liked to take small/crappy schools and turn them around.  My favorite one was probably 7 years ago when I made Duke into a dominant National Power.  Winning a conference game at Florida State for the first time was awesome, there are very few times a video game made me feel that good.

CountDeMoney

Yeah, unlike NCAA versions from years ago, it actually takes some substantial time and effort to turn little schools around.
Also, in addition to modifying the difficulty level in game, you can also adjust the difficulty level in recruiting, so you can tip the scales a little early.

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 08, 2012, 12:30:06 PM

Little schools can become major powers, but it takes time. 

What i'm trying to do with New Mexico, i think there is only one team in MWC with lower ratings then the Lobos :lol:

sbr

I know they did something to nerf recruiting just a year or two after I started playing the series (which was ~2002 or so).  I know there were no promises and in season recruiting hadn't come along yet.  I took Oregon on to win the National Championship and that off-season I had so many recruiting points I threw a bunch away each week and still got every kid I wanted, even if they didn't want me at the start of recruiting.  The next year's game I won the NC with the Ducks again and barely had enough recruiting points to call the 2 4 star recruits in Oregon.

PDH

Quote from: katmai on December 08, 2012, 12:42:37 PM

What i'm trying to do with New Mexico, i think there is only one team in MWC with lower ratings then the Lobos :lol:

Wyoming?
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

katmai

Quote from: PDH on December 08, 2012, 03:10:13 PM
Quote from: katmai on December 08, 2012, 12:42:37 PM

Wyoming?

Nope the Running Rebels of Nevada Las Vegas

katmai

Man you know you have a shitty team when get Prestige boosts from wins over better ranked team and they turn out to be New Mexico St and Wyoming.

Alcibiades

So I looked into it and my quarterback snuck into a star player that year, my bad.  :blush:

Just finished my third season with Illiniois, back to back national championships without any created players.   Was thinking it was getting way too easy (which it kind is to be honest) when I went into the national championship with Georgia for the 2nd time and we went into 2nd overtime.   

Tied the game at 21 with a 35 yard throw as time expired in the 4th to put it into overtime and ended up winning it with a goal line slant.     Espn instant classic score of 2950   :showoff:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

CountDeMoney

Sounds like somebody's got their game on Junior Varsity settings.   <_<

katmai