John has a long mustache - Edward the Asshole plans to invade Normandy

Started by Ed Anger, April 08, 2012, 06:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

I'm glad I posted something that everyone thinks shouldn't get a response? :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Larch

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 23, 2012, 07:48:01 AM
I found the property I want. I discover that the place I'm renting is also for sale. *headslap*

The dude wasn't wanting to haggle until I mentioned "all cash". Greedy frog. I'm gonna wrap this mothafucker up by Friday.I've even got a renter wrapped up  I wanna go home. I want some Taco Bell. I want some gay hating Chick-Fil-A.

You will pay it all in cash? Expect a visit from the French tax authorities at some point.

Barrister

Quote from: The Larch on July 23, 2012, 11:03:03 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 23, 2012, 07:48:01 AM
I found the property I want. I discover that the place I'm renting is also for sale. *headslap*

The dude wasn't wanting to haggle until I mentioned "all cash". Greedy frog. I'm gonna wrap this mothafucker up by Friday.I've even got a renter wrapped up  I wanna go home. I want some Taco Bell. I want some gay hating Chick-Fil-A.

You will pay it all in cash? Expect a visit from the French tax authorities at some point.

I assume that Ed means he doesn't have to go get a mortgage to complete the sale.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

The property tax is paid through Dec 31st. Like I wouldn't have retained a French lawyer that works with English and Americans for this kind of stuff.  :rolleyes:

Christ, Larch's smugness that I must be a goddamned moron is getting old. Quick.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Larch

You were the one saying that you'd pay in cash.  :P

Mind you, that's something that was done over here relatively often back in the housing bubble days.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 23, 2012, 12:45:58 PM
The property tax is paid through Dec 31st. Like I wouldn't have retained a French lawyer that works with English and Americans for this kind of stuff.  :rolleyes:

Christ, Larch's smugness that I must be a goddamned moron is getting old. Quick.

And yet, there's tons of property here in America, in all climes and environs, from the Atlantic Ocean to the other one...yet, you decide to support another nation's economy.

You're worse than Siege.  At least he knows he's a foreign agent.

Ed Anger

Uh huh. I guess employing 40 people in one business, 3 in another and 8 in my wife's doesn't count. All full time.

Call me Mittens.

Caliga

I've been thinking about buying some land in Tennessee or Georgia.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on July 23, 2012, 06:30:35 PM
I've been thinking about buying some land in Tennessee or Georgia.

Eastern Tennessee is awesome. Parts of it is rather depopulated. Plus you'll run into my white trash cousins.

Northern Georgia? ick. It is a moist heat.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on July 26, 2012, 07:29:29 PM
We're talking extreme northern here, dude.

Chickamunga is a shithole and my balls sweated real bad there. And Stone Mountain? My panties was wet. Maybe from the heat or it was the giant carving of Stonewall on the mountain. Squee.

It would have helped if it wasn't August.

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 27, 2012, 07:15:30 AM
Quote from: Caliga on July 26, 2012, 07:29:29 PM
We're talking extreme northern here, dude.

Chickamunga is a shithole and my balls sweated real bad there. And Stone Mountain? My panties was wet. Maybe from the heat or it was the giant carving of Stonewall on the mountain. Squee.

It would have helped if it wasn't August.

I thought Chickamauga was a pretty awesome battlefield, but I was there in the fall so the temperature was pleasant.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 23, 2012, 01:15:02 PM
Uh huh. I guess employing 40 people in one business, 3 in another and 8 in my wife's doesn't count. All full time.

Call me Mittens.

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

MadImmortalMan

The GOP has gotten so much traction from that meme. What a mistake that speech was. Ugh.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers