2012 US Presidential Election Megathread!

Started by jimmy olsen, March 21, 2012, 12:55:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HisMajestyBOB

Quote[A] former top Bush administration colleague, David Kay, charged with finding unconventional weapons after the Iraq invasion, referred to Ms. Rice in Bob Woodward's "State of Denial" as "probably the worst national security adviser since the office was created." . . .

:lol:
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

11B4V

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on April 26, 2012, 10:12:41 PM
Quote[A] former top Bush administration colleague, David Kay, charged with finding unconventional weapons after the Iraq invasion, referred to Ms. Rice in Bob Woodward's "State of Denial" as "probably the worst national security adviser since the office was created." . . .

Eh, he's just racist.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Viking

I'm laying down my veepstakes pool choice on John Thune. I expect respect and adulation when he is chosen.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Fate

Has Rob Portman done anything to disqualify himself? Seems like the logical choice to help deliver Ohio. Unless Romney's already given up on that state. Which doesn't sound good for his future prospects.

Razgovory

I think Sam Brownback might complement Romney well.  Solid religious Midwesterner and dull enough that he won't upstage Romney.  Ron Paul might bring in the youth vote, but I think he scares a lot of republicans on account that he's insane.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on April 27, 2012, 12:58:45 AM

Eh, he's just racist.

Nope, you just never send a lesbian to do a man's job.  And besides, she was a fucking professional Kremlinologist.  Talk about outdated. Might as well have been a Latin expert.

Berkut

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 27, 2012, 09:00:14 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on April 27, 2012, 12:58:45 AM

Eh, he's just racist.

Nope, you just never send a lesbian to do a man's job.  And besides, she was a fucking professional Kremlinologist.  Talk about outdated. Might as well have been a Latin expert.

That is all code for "She's black!" We hear your dog whistle, Mister!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DGuller

I just now realized that Mitt Romney is 65.  Damn, that old geezer sure is well-preserved.

Viking

Quote from: DGuller on May 02, 2012, 02:43:40 PM
I just now realized that Mitt Romney is 65.  Damn, that old geezer sure is well-preserved.

He remains un-pre-maturely aged by rum, tobacco and coffee.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Viking on May 02, 2012, 02:47:48 PM

I also believe he is fully starched every morning.

Sheilbh

That makes me like him a lot more :)
Let's bomb Russia!

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 02, 2012, 02:53:42 PM
Quote from: Viking on May 02, 2012, 02:47:48 PM

I also believe he is fully starched every morning.

I like how he has those streaks of gray on each side, just above his ears.  Meanwhile I'm 38 and am getting the salt & pepper thing going all over.

NO JUST FOR MEN FOR ME, THANKS.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

katmai

Be thankful you have hair to go salt and pepper, ass. :angry:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on May 02, 2012, 03:20:09 PM

I've always said my hair can go any rainbow-brite colour it wants, as long as I still have it.

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

Quote from: katmai on May 02, 2012, 03:20:09 PM

Insha'Allah.  With the shape of my head, I'd make a terrible bald dude.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall