2012 US Presidential Election Megathread!

Started by jimmy olsen, March 21, 2012, 12:55:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 12, 2012, 03:38:44 AM
That guy's too pale and too skinny to be Jaron. :contract:

Granted. I think the height is about right. Isnt Jaron a near midget?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 11, 2012, 05:29:34 PMOh, good, a Putin wannabe. :bleeding:

While not the outdoorsy type Putin is, MoM does have an Irish bar band.

CountDeMoney

Bullet holes, fellas?  Really?

QuoteMISSOULA, Mont. — A bullet-riddled outhouse labeled "Obama Presidential Library" containing a fake birth certificate for Barack Hussein Obama and graffiti that read "For a Good Time," and a reference to first lady Michelle Obama was on display at the Montana Republican Convention in Missoula.

The Missoulian reports (http://bit.ly/MzkB7t ) the display on Saturday also contained "For a Good Time" references to U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton and U.S. House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi, her name circled in red.

The display, painted to look as if it had numerous bullet holes, was parked outside Missoula's Hilton Garden Inn that drew some 500 convention goers.

The convention also included a raffle for a 12-gauge shotgun, shovel and duct tape, a reference to "Shoot, Shovel and Shut Up," involving the illegal killing of wolves or federally protected species such as grizzly bears. The newspaper reported convention goers burst into laughter at the raffle reference.

Former presidential candidate Newt Gingrich, the keynote speaker at the convention on Saturday, said if he won the raffle, he'd give the prize to his 10-year-old grandson.

It's unclear who brought the outhouse display. It also was on display at the Memorial Day parade in Corvallis in Ravalli County.

Will Deschamps, state GOP chairman, dismissed the outhouse as "a sideshow" and said he didn't know who brought it to the convention.

"It's not something I'm going to agonize over," he said. "Some of that stuff is not real good taste. We do have a president of the United States, and we have to honor that."

In his speech, Gingrich targeted Obama's eased enforcement of the nation's immigration laws on Friday, offering a chance for hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants to stay in the country and work. Embraced by Hispanics, his action touched off an election-year confrontation with many Republicans.

It bypasses Congress and partially achieves the goals of the "DREAM Act," stalled legislation that would have provided a pathway to citizenship for young illegal immigrants who went to college or served in the military.

"We do not have a commander in chief, we have a dreamer-in-chief," Gingrich said.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Phillip V

Quote from: derspiess on May 02, 2012, 03:19:13 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 02, 2012, 02:53:42 PM
Quote from: Viking on May 02, 2012, 02:47:48 PM
Quote from: DGuller on May 02, 2012, 02:43:40 PM
I just now realized that Mitt Romney is 65.  Damn, that old geezer sure is well-preserved.

He remains un-pre-maturely aged by rum, tobacco and coffee.

I also believe he is fully starched every morning.

I like how he has those streaks of gray on each side, just above his ears.  Meanwhile I'm 38 and am getting the salt & pepper thing going all over.

NO JUST FOR MEN FOR ME, THANKS.
That's just the lighting and the gel. A closer look reveals greying. However, Romney's exercising and lack of smoking, drinking, and caffeine probably help.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Phillip V on June 19, 2012, 01:15:26 AM
That's just the lighting and the gel. A closer look reveals greying. However, Romney's exercising and lack of smoking, drinking, and caffeine probably help.
:bleeding:  The man needs at least one redeeming vice.

I think that picture's one that the media stole from one of the Romlet's Facebook, or Ann's Twitter or something.  It was a shame the campaign went so mad about it because I think they make Romney look a lot more human.  Including that one :)
Let's bomb Russia!

Martinus

Quote from: 11B4V on June 12, 2012, 03:20:22 AM
Quote from: garbon on June 11, 2012, 05:19:43 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 11, 2012, 04:58:49 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 11, 2012, 04:45:45 PM
Martin O'Malley is already gearing up.

An Irishman? Didn't we learn our lesson with Kennedy and Reagan?  :P

Well he'd certainly make for our fittest president:

Couldnt figure out what he was doing until I saw the whole pic. Hes holding hands with two retards. Raz on the left and Jaron on the right.  :P

What the fuck is this? Game of Thrones casting?

CountDeMoney

Man, I love watching Mittens give a speech live.  They have more bullshit in them than a longhorn ranch pasture.

derspiess

Saw a Bloomberg poll that had Obama up 13%.  But it looked like it had a small sample size.

Currently Romney has a 4% lead in Rasmussen (which will become more relevant when we get closer to the election since it only polls likely voters) and a 2% lead in Gallup.

Race seems to be tightening up in most of the swing states.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on June 21, 2012, 12:13:11 PM
Saw a Bloomberg poll that had Obama up 13%.  But it looked like it had a small sample size.

Meh, neither campaign's taking that one to the bank.  It's an aberration compared to the other recent ones.  Yay for averages.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 21, 2012, 12:17:01 PM

Meh, neither campaign's taking that one to the bank.  It's an aberration compared to the other recent ones.  Yay for averages.

Funny thing is that it fucked up the RCP average, which had been like +.2% Obama before but over 3% Obama after.  Michigan and Wisconsin polls are all over the map, but on average slightly favor Obama.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller

Quote from: derspiess on June 21, 2012, 12:21:40 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 21, 2012, 12:17:01 PM

Funny thing is that it fucked up the RCP average, which had been like +.2% Obama before but over 3% Obama after.  Michigan and Wisconsin polls are all over the map, but on average slightly favor Obama.
This is why RCP averages are worse than useless.  They're worse than useless rather than just plain useless because certain Intrade contracts are linked to them.

Strix

Currently Romney has a 4% lead in Rasmussen (which will become more relevant when we get closer to the election since it only polls likely voters) and a 2% lead in Gallup.

Race seems to be tightening up in most of the swing states.

Obama has it in the bag! Only question remaining is how bad an ass kicking the GOP gets in Congress.  :showoff:
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

garbon

Quote from: 11B4V on June 12, 2012, 03:20:22 AM
Couldnt figure out what he was doing until I saw the whole pic. Hes holding hands with two retards. Raz on the left and Jaron on the right.  :P

I purposefully picked the cropped pic. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.