Breaking News - Gun Attack On French Jewish School Kills 4

Started by mongers, March 19, 2012, 08:11:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Cecil on March 21, 2012, 04:49:54 AM
So anyone prepared to give odds that our lovely media will fall all over themselves trying to explain away this and trying to pin it on extreme right wing groups.....somehow?

I'll give you 5-1. :mellow:

Caliga

Quote from: Martinus on March 21, 2012, 04:40:44 AM
yeah wtf. I didn't know even Timmy is that idiotic.
On the one hand I'd be surprised if there are French neo-Nazis (given France's history with Nazi Germany) at all, but on the other hand I'm sure there are a few Le Lettou's floating around in France. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Malthus

Timmay's surprise is legit, given the media reports that French cops were allegedly thinking the same. From an article above:

QuoteThere were reports in France that police were looking for three former soldiers of the logistics regiment sacked for "neo-Nazi" activities. The men were all ejected from the army in 2008 after a photograph emerged of them making Nazi salutes in front of a swastika. "Police are interested in locating those men to see if there may be some connection," said a source close to the investigation.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Quote from: citizen k on March 20, 2012, 03:22:58 AM

Yeah this banner seems to suggest this is a 'French are racists' neo-Nazi thing rather than 'In France Islamic Terrorists are killing Arabs, Blacks, and Jews.'  So Timmy wasn't alone in this.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Caliga on March 21, 2012, 06:31:59 AM
On the one hand I'd be surprised if there are French neo-Nazis (given France's history with Nazi Germany) at all, but on the other hand I'm sure there are a few Le Lettou's floating around in France. :)
Russia has tons of Neo-Nazis despite their history with Germany, why wouldn't France?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Grinning_Colossus

When I heard paratroopers and Jews, I immediately assumed Algerian (with a long memory... it was paratroops that took Corsica and overthrew the 4th Republic so they could keep occupying Algeria). I didn't know that the troops were themselves North African, though.

And it looks like he's still holed up http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-17462604
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Valmy

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on March 21, 2012, 09:09:27 AM
When I heard paratroopers and Jews, I immediately assumed Algerian (with a long memory... it was paratroops that took Corsica and overthrew the 4th Republic so they could keep occupying Algeria). I didn't know that the troops were themselves North African, though.

They didn't take Corsica or overthrow the 4th Republic...since the coup happened during the 5th Republic.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Grinning_Colossus

Quote from: Valmy on March 21, 2012, 09:16:53 AM
Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on March 21, 2012, 09:09:27 AM

They didn't take Corsica or overthrow the 4th Republic...since the coup happened during the 5th Republic.

The 4th Republic ended in 1958 with the Algiers Crisis. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Fourth_Republic#Decolonization_and_end_of_the_Fourth_Republic
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Sheilbh

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 21, 2012, 02:43:51 AM
Quote from: Tamas on March 21, 2012, 02:40:40 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 21, 2012, 01:39:26 AM
Huh, thought this would be neo-nazis

seriously?
Since the French soldiers were of North African descent, yeah.

Also, the killer wasn't suicidal.
I think one was Cameroonian too.  Which again made me think it was more likely to be a neo-Nazi.
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Sorry wrong coup.  I was thinking of the 1961 coup where the Foreign Legion parachute regiment was disbanded since that one, specifically,  was in reaction to the DeGaulle's decision to pull out of Algeria.

Sheilbh

Sarko :bleeding:

Apparently he's gone to the siege in Toulouse.  It's like Churchill in Sidney Street.
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 21, 2012, 09:42:58 AM
Sarko :bleeding:

Apparently he's gone to the siege in Toulouse.  It's like Churchill in Sidney Street.

Will he signal 'V' for victory?

Martinus

Quote from: Caliga on March 21, 2012, 06:31:59 AM

There are Polish neonazis. Neonazis: not very smart.

Caliga

I wasn't trying to join Mock Tim bandwagon here... hence my second sentence about French Lettows. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DGuller

That guy is still alive after all this time?  Those machine pistols aren't so tough after all, it seems.