Breaking News - Gun Attack On French Jewish School Kills 4

Started by mongers, March 19, 2012, 08:11:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on March 20, 2012, 12:20:18 AM
Quote from: Zoupa on March 19, 2012, 11:15:08 PM
Everyone back home is horrified. Dude best leave the country if he can, he won't make it to trial alive. Les gendarmes are trigger happy when it comes to shit like this.

I noticed European police often carry machine pistols.  I thought that odd.

Nothing out of the ordinary. While I was stationed in Germany from 87-92, most Polizei carried MP5's IIRC
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Martinus

Quote from: 11B4V on March 19, 2012, 10:10:37 PM
Quote from: Kleves on March 19, 2012, 02:36:10 PM
Any man who rides a scooter is obviously unbalanced.

and Gay

What's the hardest part about riding a scooter?
Coming out to your parents.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on March 20, 2012, 03:26:43 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on March 19, 2012, 10:10:37 PM
Quote from: Kleves on March 19, 2012, 02:36:10 PM
Any man who rides a scooter is obviously unbalanced.

and Gay

What's the hardest part about riding a scooter?
Coming out to your parents.

lulz, you know you're fucked up when fags are ragging on ya.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

Well, seems they have the suspect's house surrounded and a shootout is going on/has been going on.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

Looks like they got him.

Huh, thought this would be neo-nazis
http://worldnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/21/10784684-one-arrested-in-france-jewish-school-slayings-after-shootout-in-toulouse
QuoteOne arrested in France Jewish school slayings after shootout in Toulouse

By NBC News, msnbc.com staff and news services

Updated at 2:30 a.m. ET: TOULOUSE, France -- A man was arrested early Wednesday in connection with the killings of four people at a Jewish school in France, police sources said. Officers were also involved in a standoff with another suspect amid a shootout at a house in Toulouse.

Two officers were injured during the early-morning raid, local media reported on Wednesday. NBC News reported that the raid was still ongoing at the house in north Toulouse, which is only about 2 miles from the Jewish school, where a rabbi and three children were shot dead.

An elite police team known as RAID were targeting two brothers suspected of being Islamic fundamentalists, NBC News reported. Shots were heard from heavy weaponry.

Police sources told Reuters that a man had been arrested earlier Wednesday at a separate location in connection with the killings.

The other suspect was bunkered in the house and defending himself. Negotiations with the man reportedly failed.

One of the suspects has apparently claimed to be linked to al-Qaida, Interior Minister Claude Gueant said.

"He claims to be a mujahideen and to belong to al-Qaida,'' Gueant told journalists at the scene of the siege.

"He wanted revenge for the Palestinian children and he also wanted to take revenge on the French army because of its foreign interventions,'' he said.

"The suspect's mother... was asked to make contact with her son, to reason with him, but she did not want to, saying she had little influence on him," Gueant added, according to BBC News.

The suspect inside the house said that he trained in the Pakistan and Afghanistan and is affiliated with Forca lesa, an Islamic group dismantled by the French government. The group, which recruits young French to join the jihad, is considered very dangerous.

On Tuesday, Police spread out across southern France by the hundreds in the hunt for an expert gunman suspected in three deadly attacks. Authorities suspect the school killer was also behind two recent attacks in the same area on French paratroopers that left three soldiers dead and one seriously wounded. The victims were of North African and French Caribbean backgrounds.

Police were also talking to the brother of the man who, Gueant said, was 24 years old. Police sources told Reuters that a man had been arrested earlier on Wednesday at a separate location in connection with the killings

A "monster" is on the loose in France, French President Nicolas Sarkozy declared, vowing to track him down.

"There are beings who have no respect for life. When you grab a little girl to put a bullet in her head, without leaving her any chance, you are a monster. An anti-Semitic monster, but first of all a monster," he said.

France was reeling Tuesday after Monday's shooting, the deadliest school shooting in the country and the bloodiest attack on Jewish targets in decades. Schools across the country held a moment of silence Tuesday to honor the victims, who were heading to Israel for burial.

Interior Minister Claude Gueant described the suspect as "someone very cold, very determined, very much a master of his movements, and by consequence, very cruel."

Reuters and The Associated Press contributed to this report.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tamas

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tamas on March 21, 2012, 02:40:40 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 21, 2012, 01:39:26 AM
Huh, thought this would be neo-nazis

seriously?
Since the French soldiers were of North African descent, yeah.

Also, the killer wasn't suicidal.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

Quote from: 11B4V on March 20, 2012, 12:48:39 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on March 20, 2012, 12:20:18 AM
Quote from: Zoupa on March 19, 2012, 11:15:08 PM
Everyone back home is horrified. Dude best leave the country if he can, he won't make it to trial alive. Les gendarmes are trigger happy when it comes to shit like this.

I noticed European police often carry machine pistols.  I thought that odd.

Nothing out of the ordinary. While I was stationed in Germany from 87-92, most Polizei carried MP5's IIRC

Yeah, I noticed it in Italy.  I thought it strange though.  US police don't normally carry them.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Martinus

Cecil

So anyone prepared to give odds that our lovely media will fall all over themselves trying to explain away this and trying to pin it on extreme right wing groups.....somehow?