Breaking News - Gun Attack On French Jewish School Kills 4

Started by mongers, March 19, 2012, 08:11:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

This follows on from the shooting of three French paratroopers of north african origin in the same region last week:

France shooting: Toulouse Jewish school attack kills four
19 March 12 11:57

A gunman on a scooter has opened fire on a Jewish school in the French city of Toulouse, killing three children and a teacher, police say.

A teenage boy was seriously injured in the attack outside the Ozar Hatorah school in the north-east of the city.

Police say there are similarities with the killings of three soldiers in two separate incidents in the same part of France last week.

All three - of North African origin - were shot by a man on a scooter.

A paratrooper out of uniform was shot dead in a residential area of Toulouse just over a week ago, while two soldiers were killed and a third wounded as they used a cashpoint in the town of Montauban, some 29 miles (46km) away, on Thursday.

But President Nicolas Sarkozy, who has gone to the scene, said it is "much too early" to know if there is a definite link.

"Whatever happens," he said, "faced with this kind of toll, we can say that the French Republic as a whole has been hit by this appalling tragedy."

The grand rabbi of France, Gilles Bernheim, who is travelling to the south-western city, said he was "horrified" and "stunned" by what had happened.

Israel also said it was horrified, adding that it trusted the French authorities "to shed full light on this tragedy and bring the perpetrators to justice".

Monday's attack happened as children and their parents were arriving at the school, in the Joliment area of the city.

A teacher at the school, believed to be aged 30, and his two children, aged three and six, are reported to have been killed.

The third child killed was aged between eight and 10 years old and belonged to another teacher at the school, French media report.

A 17-year-old was seriously injured.

"[The gunman] shot at everything he could see, children and adults, and some children were chased into the school," local prosecutor Michel Valet said.

rest of article here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/mobile/world-us-canada-17426313

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tamas

This is not breaking news this is from several hours ago :P

And we will have more anti-semitism in the coming years so we better get used to it.

mongers

Quote from: Tamas on March 19, 2012, 08:14:43 AM

And we will have more anti-semitism in the coming years so we better get used to it.

Maybe the three attacks are also link skin colour/looks that's after how your common or garden racist 'reasons' ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tamas

Quote from: mongers on March 19, 2012, 08:34:55 AM

Maybe the three attacks are also link skin colour/looks that's after how your common or garden racist 'reasons' ?

Come again?

CountDeMoney

It is when Languish is down hours at a time.  :P

Razgovory

So long as Europe is inhabited by Europeans.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Kleves

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Razgovory

Quote from: Kleves on March 19, 2012, 02:36:10 PM
Any man who rides a scooter is obviously unbalanced.

You ever been to Europe?  Those things are everywhere.  Hell, during the Cold War the French weaponized scooters.  Attached recoilless rifles to them.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Zoupa

Everyone back home is horrified. Dude best leave the country if he can, he won't make it to trial alive. Les gendarmes are trigger happy when it comes to shit like this.

citizen k

Quote from: Zoupa on March 19, 2012, 11:15:08 PM
Everyone back home is horrified. Dude best leave the country if he can, he won't make it to trial alive. Les gendarmes are trigger happy when it comes to shit like this.

Looks like a right-wing nutjob, Zoups?

Targeting paratroops from Africa and Caribbean seems like the work of a racist. Targeting Jews in Europe? Could be anybody. ;)

DGuller

Quote from: Kleves on March 19, 2012, 02:36:10 PM
Any man who rides a scooter is obviously unbalanced.
On the contrary, staying balanced seems like a crucial requirement during such undertaking.

Razgovory

I noticed European police often carry machine pistols.  I thought that odd.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Razgovory on March 20, 2012, 12:20:18 AM

I noticed European police often carry machine pistols.  I thought that odd.
Maybe they don't teach marksmanship?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point