Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Quote from: mongers on March 07, 2012, 07:13:49 PM
Quote from: fahdiz on March 07, 2012, 06:09:00 PM
Quote from: fahdiz on February 02, 2012, 12:22:17 PM
My pay's frozen this year.

To revisit this: by "frozen" I clearly meant "drop kicked out the window".

:hug:

I think they'll be a lot more people in these boats this year, hell it could become a new Languish meme, saving of course the lawtalkers.

Yeah, right.  We'll see.  The established lawyers are safe.  But AmScip's had some troubles (even if he's doing fine now), my career was dead on arrival, Mihali may squeak by on the basis of HAHHHHHVAHHHHHD, but then he may not, and Shaun, faelinn, ulmont, and stjaba's fates remain to be seen.  I estimate that at least two out of the six law students get fucked bad, although I begrudgingly hope none do.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

I told you, but you didn't listen: plastics, son.

Ideologue

Benjamin Braddock was an entitled little shit.  I hope that bus crashed.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Zanza

Got a smallish raise today and our annual bonus was higher than last year. The union is currently in wage negotiations too, so there will likely be another raise from that later in the year.

Strix

I get an increase in salary but it's not technically a "raise". A few contracts ago the union I belong to gave New York State a concession that newly hired people would need to wait seven years to get their full pay. So, for the next seven years (in my fourth year now) I get a step increase that is roughly 3% of my pay. In our last contract the union agreed to no "raises" for the first 3 years.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

sbr

I'm gonna change my answer to I better get one.  Every project I have done up here has made money, including the one I am finishing that will come in 25% under bid (the union better not find out).  Also I am now the only one able and willing to run a job bigger than a small remodel, the other guy just took a pay cut in exchange for less responsibility

KRonn

Quote from: Berkut on February 04, 2012, 07:34:37 PM
Huh, just finished my 2011 taxes.

Cracked six figures for the first time. Not bad for getting laid off...
I make over six figures, if I count the cents....   ;)

Grats on getting closer to that coveted 1%!!!