News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Will you get a raise this year?

Started by Barrister, February 02, 2012, 10:38:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

I think we got 1.6% this year for the military overall.

I'll hit my 8-year mark in August (we get a pay raise for every year of time-in-service until year 4, then every two years), and I should  get my E-6 rank around the same time as well...so a fairly nice mid-year raise.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Berkut

Huh, just finished my 2011 taxes.

Cracked six figures for the first time. Not bad for getting laid off...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Caliga

Quote from: Berkut on February 04, 2012, 07:34:37 PM

:cool:

Got my 2011 bonus yesterday.  It was actually more than I was expecting. :showoff:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

crazy canuck

Quote from: Berkut on February 04, 2012, 07:34:37 PM

:cheers:

garbon

Quote from: garbon on February 02, 2012, 10:41:06 AM
I'm hoping for raise via new job.

Well the answer for me thus far has been yes but not via a new job.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

I got mines.
Although, considering our Murger & Acquisition status, it's less bonus and more unemployment insurance.  :lol:

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 07, 2012, 12:34:26 PM
I got mines.

You know, I hear that so much every day it almost didn't register :D

On topic, yes.  But I won't find out for a few more weeks.  Don't expect a whole lot.  The company, particularly my division, is doing well but they still like to use the "tough economic times" excuse.

Wife's raise was a complete insult.  But given that she works for Citi, I guess we should be glad that she was moved into the financially solvent part last year.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on March 07, 2012, 01:39:50 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 07, 2012, 12:34:26 PM
I got mines.

You know, I hear that so much every day it almost didn't register :D

Should've spelled it "gotst".

KRonn

We got cost of living increases last year. I expect the same for this year. We've been under new management for a probably into the third year now, and the company is expanding like crazy, but it's a tough business being health care. But most years we've gotten something, usually cost of living as I said.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

fhdz

Quote from: fahdiz on February 02, 2012, 12:22:17 PM
My pay's frozen this year.

To revisit this: by "frozen" I clearly meant "drop kicked out the window".
and the horse you rode in on

mongers

Quote from: fahdiz on March 07, 2012, 06:09:00 PM
Quote from: fahdiz on February 02, 2012, 12:22:17 PM
My pay's frozen this year.

To revisit this: by "frozen" I clearly meant "drop kicked out the window".

:hug:

I think they'll be a lot more people in these boats this year, hell it could become a new Languish meme, saving of course the lawtalkers. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: derspiess on March 07, 2012, 01:39:50 PM
On topic, yes.  But I won't find out for a few more weeks.  Don't expect a whole lot.  The company, particularly my division, is doing well but they still like to use the "tough economic times" excuse.

Yeah, I'll be in the same boat.  What's baffling, though, is the flow-down I got actually mentioned "when companies start competing for talent again".  I think my company may be a bit out-of-touch with the modern engineering market, or they just don't care outside of the defense industry.