And we're back!

Main Menu

Will you get a raise this year?

Started by Barrister, February 02, 2012, 10:38:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoupa

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 02, 2012, 07:49:28 PM
Quote from: Zoupa on February 02, 2012, 07:40:31 PM
Got about a 20% bump when i switched jobs back in October, so i don't expect a bump. On the other hand, two pharmacists (out of six) quit last week to open their own store, so the remaining folks got the boss by the balls. Hmmm.

I got shitty service today filling some prescriptions, so I'm gonna hate you for a couple of days.

I hate pretty much all my customers, and do the bare minimum to keep them alive.  :)

Jaron

I expect a pretty substantial raise this year.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Monoriu

I don't know.  Each year HR does a survey to find out the latest changes in private sector pay.  And then they decide if they will adjust our pay based on the survey results.  But depending on the budget situation the government may decide not to follow the survey. 

Josquius

No. A chief reason why this is a job, not a career.
██████
██████
██████

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

I'll be getting about 2.5% again this year.

And fuck all you people who get real bonuses. <_<

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Valdemar

Quote from: garbon on February 02, 2012, 10:50:53 AM
Quote from: Barrister on February 02, 2012, 10:46:08 AM
Quote from: garbon on February 02, 2012, 10:41:06 AM
I'm hoping for raise via new job.

Well that's an entirely different matter.  I did get a ~30% raise last year by getting a new job.

I'm increasingly of the mind that such is how one gets a raise.  I've only been working for 5 years but in that time I've only received 1 merit increase.  All other times their were wage freezes and I'm not at companies that are actually facing extinction. Hell my last company was recently cited as one of the top 50 market research firms in the US.

You are quite right.

I got my raise last year by changing jobs, so i don't know if I'll get anything this year, being only 6 months into the job.

As a general rule, and with only one real exception all my raises have been by changing jobs, only raises in job have been inflationary or sub inflationary. I love the arguments they dream up for not giving raises in bad years and not giving particular nice raises in good years :D

V

The Brain

Sheeple are so retarded when it comes to negotiating raises. Believe it or not but some people actually believe the BS about "I only get so much from upstairs to give my unit this year", "let us in the union negotiate for you", etc etc etc.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on February 02, 2012, 11:18:11 PM
And fuck all you people who get real bonuses. <_<

If it makes you feel any better, I take their money in exchange for my soul as I allow the planet to die.

Barrister

Huh.

Apparently I should be due for a bump in grade this year - from Legal Officer 2 to Legal Officer 3.  That should come with a small raise.  Nice. 
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Legbiter

Yeah, I think 2012 will be alot less worse than 2011 here in Iceland. The business can pretty much take everything short of major nuclear war at this stage.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

HVC

Quote from: Zoupa on February 02, 2012, 10:38:06 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on February 02, 2012, 07:49:28 PM
Quote from: Zoupa on February 02, 2012, 07:40:31 PM
Got about a 20% bump when i switched jobs back in October, so i don't expect a bump. On the other hand, two pharmacists (out of six) quit last week to open their own store, so the remaining folks got the boss by the balls. Hmmm.

I got shitty service today filling some prescriptions, so I'm gonna hate you for a couple of days.

I hate pretty much all my customers, and do the bare minimum to keep them alive.  :)
Grey Fox is a little hurt right now :( :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

HVC

also, i doubt i'll get a raise. My company does raises in June. I really hope i'm not still working here in june.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: HVC on February 03, 2012, 06:37:48 PM
Quote from: Zoupa on February 02, 2012, 10:38:06 PM
Grey Fox is a little hurt right now :( :P

Hopefully he doesn't get a lot hurt, cause Zoupa's not giving him any painkillers.  :menace:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Quote from: Barrister on February 03, 2012, 04:56:04 PM
Huh.

Apparently I should be due for a bump in grade this year - from Legal Officer 2 to Legal Officer 3.  That should come with a small raise.  Nice.

Map sucks.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)