And we're back!

Main Menu

Will you get a raise this year?

Started by Barrister, February 02, 2012, 10:38:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

Will you get out of the wheelchair this year?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

CountDeMoney

Ed has no source of income, and pays no taxes.  As far as the government is concerned, he's on SSI.

Ed Anger

MadImmortalMan

Nobody in my company got a raise this last round of evals. I did however get a bonus worth 20% of my annual salary. It's a nice lump sum.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

fhdz

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on February 02, 2012, 04:43:39 PM
Nobody in my company got a raise this last round of evals. I did however get a bonus worth 20% of my annual salary. It's a nice lump sum.

What's the tax rate on a large bonus like that? Is it just counted as part of your regular income and taxed at the same rate?
and the horse you rode in on

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on February 02, 2012, 02:11:26 PM
Lawyering = recession proof?  :hmm:

Not really, but Polish economy has grown by over 4% last year.  :cool:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: fahdiz on February 02, 2012, 04:57:24 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on February 02, 2012, 04:43:39 PM

What's the tax rate on a large bonus like that? Is it just counted as part of your regular income and taxed at the same rate?

Yeah, it's considered part of your overall compensation;  gets the same taxes and deductions out of it as a paycheck, and tossed in on your W-2 for next year.

Martinus

My tax rate is the same on my bonus as it is on my monthly pay.

19% flat rate.

Eat that, motherfuckers.  :showoff:

CountDeMoney

Even after taxes, my bonus will be enough to purchase a nice car.  An American car, not a Polish one.

Your move.

jimmy olsen

I make 17.3% more this year compared to last.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Zoupa

Got about a 20% bump when i switched jobs back in October, so i don't expect a bump. On the other hand, two pharmacists (out of six) quit last week to open their own store, so the remaining folks got the boss by the balls. Hmmm.

Ideologue

Quote from: Martinus on February 02, 2012, 05:38:14 PM
My tax rate is the same on my bonus as it is on my monthly pay.

19% flat rate.

Eat that, motherfuckers.  :showoff:

Poland sucks.  We know.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Quote from: Zoupa on February 02, 2012, 07:40:31 PM
Got about a 20% bump when i switched jobs back in October, so i don't expect a bump. On the other hand, two pharmacists (out of six) quit last week to open their own store, so the remaining folks got the boss by the balls. Hmmm.

I got shitty service today filling some prescriptions, so I'm gonna hate you for a couple of days.