News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Will you get a raise this year?

Started by Barrister, February 02, 2012, 10:38:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Rather than continue to hijack a thread in TBR why not put it out in the open.

Do you expect to get a raise this year?  A substantial raise, or just a cost of living raise?  Or is your pay frozen for the forseeable future?

How are things in your part of the world?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

In Sweden things are OK. I don't know what the fuck other countries are doing; clearly it's not working.

As for me personally I raise my salary 26% this year. That's how I roll.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

syk

Whatever shitty wage settlement the unions subscribe to.

Admiral Yi

I should get a 2.7% milestone raise sometime this year.

HisMajestyBOB

If I re-sign my contract in November, I can get a raise.
Perhaps 5-10%, or another $50-$100 a month! :w00t:
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on February 02, 2012, 10:41:06 AM
I'm hoping for raise via new job.

Well that's an entirely different matter.  I did get a ~30% raise last year by getting a new job.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

We had raises of ~1% ahead of inflation the last two years. No word on this year's, but I intend to have a bigger raise than that by applying for a different job.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on February 02, 2012, 10:46:08 AM
Quote from: garbon on February 02, 2012, 10:41:06 AM
I'm hoping for raise via new job.

Well that's an entirely different matter.  I did get a ~30% raise last year by getting a new job.

I'm increasingly of the mind that such is how one gets a raise.  I've only been working for 5 years but in that time I've only received 1 merit increase.  All other times their were wage freezes and I'm not at companies that are actually facing extinction. Hell my last company was recently cited as one of the top 50 market research firms in the US.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

Something between 2.5% to 3%. Probably not more.

If I don't get that, there will be hell to pay.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Berkut

I really don't know - I got a pretty large bump when I took this new job, so maybe not.

On the other hand, as I mentioned previously, the market is very tight for people in my job category, and my company in particular is very strapped for people, so maybe they will do something...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

Nope.  In this climate you are just happy to still have your job in the Texas public sector.  I hope to get a new job here pretty soon.

I have not gotten a raise since...um...2008?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

I will receive an increase in the neighborhood of 4-5% in my base salary, and a corresponding increase in my yearly bonus, which is predicated on 15% of my salary, the % of increase based on my performance review and supplemented accordingly by the company's overall performance.  And unlike last year, we posted a fine profit for 2011.

I AM NOT CONCERNED ABOUT TEH VERY VERY POOR

Iormlund

Eddie Teach

That'd require having a job, which would require getting a job, which would require looking for a job. So probably not.  :Embarrass:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?