The Effete - Down to Earth (Real) Axis/Scale ?

Started by mongers, January 28, 2012, 07:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

I'm poor and don't do manual labour. What do I get to brag about? :cry:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Caliga

Quote from: DontSayBanana on January 28, 2012, 11:08:42 PM
Quote from: Lettow77 on January 28, 2012, 11:02:17 PM
Cal strikes me as a quite down-to-earth poster.

In general, yeah- CCR's ability to still give off the "dim, smoky poker table" vibe even while debating tactics of the Roman Legions gives him the edge, though. ;)
I would agree with this.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: HVC on January 29, 2012, 07:31:58 PM

That you don't do manual labor. That is for the plebs.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

Quote from: HVC on January 29, 2012, 07:31:58 PM

You're an accountant, that makes you lower middle class at worst.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

katmai

Uh....I guess what I do Is manual labor, but I'm not poor.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

HVC

I'm an unchartered accountant who gets underpaid lol.  working in both though. School for my designation and looking for another job. Always funny when recruiters ask how much I make and they seem awkwardly surprised/pitying when I tell them.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Caliga

Our accountants are paid very well but AFAIK every single one is a CPA.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

katmai

I told you going into accounting was mistake!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

HVC

Aren't CPA's bottom rung accountants in the states?  Other countries designations confusion. Every has the same abbreviations for different things lol

HVC

Quote from: katmai on January 29, 2012, 07:48:12 PM
I told you going into accounting was mistake!
that you did. But you didn't give me an alternative beyond summer help at your stand :D

Ideologue

Quote from: dps on January 29, 2012, 06:29:33 PM
I'm not ashamed of being poor, but then I'm poor because I lack ambition and am not really all that interested in material gain.  OTOH, Ide's poor because he has no work ethic, so I'm not going to let him grab the low ground.

You can go fuck yourself.  Is that manual labor?

You know nothing about my work ethic.  You think going to law school, even a mediocre one, involves just sitting on your ass doing nothing all day for three years?  Think I didn't bust my ass for my client in my clinical?  Think salads make their Goddamned selves?

Yeah, it's my work ethic.  The one that put me on a management track at my old job and the one that got me through an advanced degree.  Because in America, if you work hard, you get rewarded.  That shit's as true as it was in 1776.

One of these days you're gonna have to explain what your hard-on of hate for me is all about, dude.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

fhdz

Quote from: HVC on January 29, 2012, 07:49:26 PM
Aren't CPA's bottom rung accountants in the states?  Other countries designations confusion. Every has the same abbreviations for different things lol

On the contrary. CPA is the highest accountant certification in the States.
and the horse you rode in on

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

And deeps, if you were just playing around, that's fine.  But "Ideologue is a bad decisionmaker" and "Ideologue is lazy" are not the same thing.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Darth Wagtaros

You people run from grumbler on one end to Neil on the other.
PDH!