Alt-Hist; the reality. (ATTN: This is not a Timmy like thread)

Started by Viking, January 11, 2012, 10:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: lustindarkness on January 12, 2012, 01:45:47 PM
If I could only go back and convince George not to mess with the original Star Wars trilogy. :(

Or arrange an accident to kill him the day after The Empire Strikes Back came out.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Valmy

Quote from: Viking on January 12, 2012, 03:15:30 AM
How would you do that?

Easy.  You split the colonies by pandering to the local elites.  It was a marriage with a large amount of tension anyway.

You were just going to have to give up on Parliament being able to pass laws for them.  But you might work out a deal with the local elites where they most patriotically agree to pay a certain percentage of the expenses for defense of the Empire...in exchange for plum military posts for them as well.

Edit: Oh wait you mean what would Tyr do...um...yeah probably nothing he could do as a time traveler  :blush:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Ed Anger

I'd go back and fuck 298 widows in Sparta after Thermopylae.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 12, 2012, 03:33:58 PM

Meh the rules of the thread require you to do altruistic things.  But maybe you are thinking of improving the world by setting your super sperm to strengthen the ancient Greeks.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on January 12, 2012, 03:35:54 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on January 12, 2012, 03:33:58 PM

Meh the rules of the thread require you to do altruistic things.  But maybe you are thinking of improving the world by setting your super sperm to strengthen the ancient Greeks.

I don't need no stinkin' rules.  And Sparta needs hoplites. I will make them.  Little half American, half greek ones. I WILL BE A GOD.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

lustindarkness

Quote from: Valmy on January 12, 2012, 03:27:34 PM
Quote from: lustindarkness on January 12, 2012, 01:45:47 PM
If I could only go back and convince George not to mess with the original Star Wars trilogy. :(

Or arrange an accident to kill him the day after The Empire Strikes Back came out.

I thought about that, but I did like the Indy movies and the Star Wars marketing machine (examples: legos, Battlefront II, misc toys).
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on January 12, 2012, 03:19:11 PM
Sure, that could happen.  Because Siberia is easily traversible and not at all large and is not likely to involve a logistical nightmare for the least logistically competent major belligerent in World War II, and also because the Soviets depended entirely upon the industry and population east of Chelyabinsk to beat the Germans.

Are you suggesting the simulation isn't entirely realistic? :o
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Habbaku

Quote from: Ideologue on January 12, 2012, 03:17:07 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on January 12, 2012, 05:17:54 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on January 12, 2012, 03:23:19 AM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who has an actual, viable plan in case he ever gets a time machine.

Hopefully it's a better plan your previous lawyer plan.

My new plan is to go back and strangle Crazy McGlasshouse in his fucking crib.

What if you already did, but felt bad and only did half the job?   :homestar:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Razgovory

Quote from: Ideologue on January 12, 2012, 03:17:07 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on January 12, 2012, 05:17:54 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on January 12, 2012, 03:23:19 AM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who has an actual, viable plan in case he ever gets a time machine.

Hopefully it's a better plan your previous lawyer plan.

My new plan is to go back and strangle Crazy McGlasshouse in his fucking crib.

My dad was pretty strong back in those days.  He could probably kick your ass.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on January 12, 2012, 09:52:06 PM
My dad was pretty strong back in those days.  He could probably kick your ass.

That's why he does it while your pop's at work.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Monoriu

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 12, 2012, 05:19:53 AM
The key isn't the Germans, it's the Japs. They need to develop industries in China and roll over Asia with their tanks, including Siberia. This puts immense pressure on the Soviets, so either the Germans or Japanese can break through and pick up Moscow. Once all of Eurasia is under Axis hands, victory is inevitable.

I agree :yes:

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Viking on January 12, 2012, 03:15:30 AM
Quote from: Tyr on January 12, 2012, 02:06:54 AM
Stop the American revolution, resolve things peacefully, British Commonwealth goes on to rule the world through peace, democracy and cricket.

How would you do that?
Show up during the 7 years war and become fabulously wealthy "inventing" stuff like the telegraph, the steamship and the railroad establishing the infrastructure that can hold the empire together. Support Pitt the Elder politically.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Capetan Mihali

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Habbaku

I am pretty sure that Tyr doesn't know how to make any of those things or even begin to design them.  For that matter, does anyone on here?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien