Alt-Hist; the reality. (ATTN: This is not a Timmy like thread)

Started by Viking, January 11, 2012, 10:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

szmik

Kill Lenin, Stalin and Trotsky in 1917.  :yeah:

Just to see what happens next.
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Viking

Quote from: Ideologue on January 12, 2012, 03:23:19 AM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who has an actual, viable plan in case he ever gets a time machine.

I take it under your US style constitutional system the temporal locals would count as 3/5 of man for determining numbers of representatives?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Razgovory

Quote from: Monoriu on January 12, 2012, 03:13:50 AM
I keep imagining myself going back in time - to tell the Germans what to do to win WWII  :blush:

What would you be telling them?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who has an actual, viable plan in case he ever gets a time machine.

Hopefully it's a better plan your previous lawyer plan.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Eddie Teach

The key isn't the Germans, it's the Japs. They need to develop industries in China and roll over Asia with their tanks, including Siberia. This puts immense pressure on the Soviets, so either the Germans or Japanese can break through and pick up Moscow. Once all of Eurasia is under Axis hands, victory is inevitable.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

I think there is more then to it then just saying "Build up industry in China", or showing up with an armful of blueprints.  The biggest single thing you could take back to the 1930's to change the course of the war would be a transistor (and of course the knowledge of how it works and how to make one).  Smaller, cheaper, and more robust electronics would make a huge difference in the war.  In particular radios, but also radar and computers.

Grinning_Colossus

Show up in 1518 Madrid with a flashlight and take over by pretending to be Jesus for extra irony.

Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Monoriu

Quote from: Razgovory on January 12, 2012, 05:17:05 AM
Quote from: Monoriu on January 12, 2012, 03:13:50 AM
I keep imagining myself going back in time - to tell the Germans what to do to win WWII  :blush:

What would you be telling them?

Depends on the year.  But fixing enigma will be high on the list.  So is hanging a guy called Stauffenberg. 

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on January 12, 2012, 05:32:29 AM
I think there is more then to it then just saying "Build up industry in China",

If you don't build industry in China, you have to waste too many ICs building transport ships. Also, you end up with men rather than tanks, and they can't conquer Asia fast enough.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

I would kill the guy who invents fire, steal the recipe and make billions.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on January 12, 2012, 05:50:24 AM
Show up in 1518 Madrid with a flashlight and take over by pretending to be Jesus for extra irony.

Primitive doesn't mean dumb.  I think they'd figure it out pretty quick.

lustindarkness

If I could only go back and convince George not to mess with the original Star Wars trilogy. :(
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Ideologue

Quote from: Razgovory on January 12, 2012, 05:17:54 AM

Hopefully it's a better plan your previous lawyer plan.

My new plan is to go back and strangle Crazy McGlasshouse in his fucking crib.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 12, 2012, 05:19:53 AM
The key isn't the Germans, it's the Japs. They need to develop industries in China and roll over Asia with their tanks, including Siberia.

Sure, that could happen.  Because Siberia is easily traversible and not at all large and is not likely to involve a logistical nightmare for the least logistically competent major belligerent in World War II, and also because the Soviets depended entirely upon the industry and population east of Chelyabinsk to beat the Germans.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Valmy

Probably something like give Archduke Franz Ferdinand's driver a map of Sarajevo.  Or heck I would just grab Princip's arm before he can fire.

Or maybe get a few big dudes and surprise John Wilkes Booth on his way to Ford's Theatre.  That would be fun to kick that Lettowist fuck around a bit.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."