So what's the big fucking deal about Marines pissing on dead Taliban?

Started by CountDeMoney, January 12, 2012, 05:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Quote from: Josephus on January 15, 2012, 01:16:02 PM
.surprised it took that long to air its ugly head.

Inventing another saying, eh?  I mean, I know your head airs up, but I've never heard someone refer to others' doing the same...
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

11B4V

Here's your original claim. Case you forgot.
QuoteAll the people in this thread going on about how it's perfectly normal to pee on dead bodies because of the stress of war.

Quote from: Josephus on January 15, 2012, 05:21:02 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on January 15, 2012, 01:47:00 PM
Quote from: grumbler on January 15, 2012, 10:25:16 AM
Who are those people?  I don't see anyone arguing that, other than Neil, and Neil doesn't count since his posts are all trolls.

I wasnt thinking Neil.
For starters I'd say 11B4V; CCR; VAlmy; CDM.

Quote from: grumber

Well, you beat the stuffing out of that straw man!  Well-done.  You, too, are a hero!

Ah yes, the "Straw-Man" defence...surprised it took that long to air its ugly head. Waiting for the "marines are Nazis" to come up soon.

Please point out where I said this was normal.

Well you didn't come out and say it but you certainly implied that you support what they did.

So now it's implied....poor attempt at "The languish Two Step". I implied nothing of the sort. Most of my posts were talking about Court Martials. Get it right Asshat.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

grumbler

For starters I'd say 11B4V; CCR; VAlmy; CDM.

Let's see
11B4V
QuoteIt [doing shit like this]'s not [a great plan]

CCR:
QuoteI have to admit that these guys do indeed deserve to get bounced from The Corps

Valmy:
QuoteWell when you are brutalized you do fucked up things.

CDM:
QuoteI for one am glad that those Marines are not only fighting and killing the people who would want to support Al Qaeda and kill me, but they're pissing on their corpses as well.

Sounds like "All the people in this thread" is, in fact, just one guy.

QuoteAh yes, the "Straw-Man" defence...surprised it took that long to air its ugly head. Waiting for the "marines are Nazis" to come up soon.

This is the first I have heard of a "straw man defense."  Whose defending what with it, and how is it "air[ing] its ugly head?"  The "marines are Nazis" thing just came up... from you.  I must admit that I haven't heard that one before.  Heard 'em called lots of things (hell, called 'em lots of things) but not Nazis.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: 11B4V on January 15, 2012, 08:16:28 PM
So now it's implied....poor attempt at "The languish Two Step". I implied nothing of the sort. Most of my posts were talking about Court Martials. Get it right Asshat.

Don't worry.  No one reading with any care for meaning mistook what you said for anything like approval.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

At least we got a stone cold Steve Austin reference out of this.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

CountDeMoney

Quote from: grumbler on January 15, 2012, 08:29:28 PM
CDM:
QuoteI for one am glad that those Marines are not only fighting and killing the people who would want to support Al Qaeda and kill me, but they're pissing on their corpses as well.

Sounds like "All the people in this thread" is, in fact, just one guy.

FWIW, grumbler, I would've approved of you pissing overboard on the Russkies, but it probably wouldn't have had the same effect.

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 15, 2012, 08:48:21 PM
FWIW, grumbler, I would've approved of you pissing overboard on the Russkies, but it probably wouldn't have had the same effect.

Is this where I am supposed to whip out the "I've pissed more salt water than you've sailed over" line?

I always loved that line, even when my chiefs used it on me.

Not as good as the line the Marine DI used on me:

DI:  Did YOU polish YOUR SHOES?

Me:  YES, DRILL SERGEANT!

DI:  With WHAT?  DOG SHIT?

I laughed, and we all ran around the drill field for half an hour.

Gotta love the Gyrenes.

Bayraktar!