News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Baseball 2012

Started by jimmy olsen, January 04, 2012, 10:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 15, 2012, 11:37:06 AM
So . . . how about that Giants-Niners game?

I don't know what the deal is with the Niners.  This wasn't their only egg they've laid this season.

sbr

Great hit by Holliday. :D

derspiess

Holy crap-- now that's how you break up a double play :pinch:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

sbr

Is buster posey 20 yet?

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Goddammit, and I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow.   :mad:

QuoteTIMONIUM, Md. -- Computers, speaker systems and even a pool table that once belonged to Curt Schilling's video game company are on the auction block.

The former Boston Red Sox pitcher's company, 38 Studios, filed for bankruptcy in June and is getting rid of everything from electronics to furniture.

The first of two auctions is scheduled for Tuesday in Maryland. The second will be held next week at the firm's Providence headquarters.

The products were on display Monday at a Timonium, Md., office building that once housed Big Huge Games, a studio acquired by Schilling's 38 Studios in 2009.

Rhode Island lured the company from Massachusetts with a $75 million loan guarantee. Auctioneer Sal Corio says there's been ample interest in the auctions, but he doesn't expect them to raise $75 million.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 15, 2012, 08:44:53 PM
Goddammit, and I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow.   :mad:

QuoteTIMONIUM, Md. -- Computers, speaker systems and even a pool table that once belonged to Curt Schilling's video game company are on the auction block.

The former Boston Red Sox pitcher's company, 38 Studios, filed for bankruptcy in June and is getting rid of everything from electronics to furniture.

The first of two auctions is scheduled for Tuesday in Maryland. The second will be held next week at the firm's Providence headquarters.

The products were on display Monday at a Timonium, Md., office building that once housed Big Huge Games, a studio acquired by Schilling's 38 Studios in 2009.

Rhode Island lured the company from Massachusetts with a $75 million loan guarantee. Auctioneer Sal Corio says there's been ample interest in the auctions, but he doesn't expect them to raise $75 million.

I'd buy the bloody sock just to burn it on you tube.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Holy shit, what a horrible call, and the 1st base ump was right up on that.  Base-runner was out for either:  running outside the baseline or ACTUALLY BEING TAGGED.

Not that it will make any difference in this game, but still. 

katmai

katmai

Syt

Timonium? The Holy City of Timmayism?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

JacobL

The Minsky Moment

Yankees are an old team and they are really looking it.

If I had known they were going to hit like this, I'd have rather the Orioles won and at least bring some fresh faces to the proceedings.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 17, 2012, 09:23:46 AM
Yankees are an old team and they are really looking it.

If I had known they were going to hit like this, I'd have rather the Orioles won and at least bring some fresh faces to the proceedings.

Well it is not like the Orioles were hitting much better.  Their bats died in Tampa that last weekend of the regular season and never go going again.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."