News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Baseball 2012

Started by jimmy olsen, January 04, 2012, 10:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: katmai on October 22, 2012, 08:40:13 PM
God no, my most prized possessions are Willie Mays & Charlie Gehringer signed baseballs.

Did I hear Mike Schmidt?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

sbr

:rolleyes:
Please, brooks is no better than 3rd best 3Bman ever.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: sbr on October 22, 2012, 08:51:01 PM

You don't know what you're talking about.

Razgovory

Well, I give up.  I suppose that means I stuck to it about two innings longer then the Cards did.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 22, 2012, 08:45:34 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 22, 2012, 08:44:22 PM
Did I hear Mike Schmidt?

Couldn't carry Brooks' jock.

Schmidt wasn't so good carrying jockstraps, but pretty darn good at scooping grounders and firing over to first.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t:
For the three wins in a row to make 2012 World Series!

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

dps

Quote from: sbr on October 22, 2012, 08:51:01 PM

I wouldn't rate him that high, unless you're just talking 3rd base defense.  On defense alone, he's probably #1.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: katmai on October 22, 2012, 10:42:19 PM

Somewhere John McGraw is smiling.

Or more likely he is outraged the Giants are lowering themselves to playing those upstarts from the American League.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

derspiess

Quote from: katmai on October 22, 2012, 10:42:19 PM

Congrats.  Giants were too much of a juggernaut for the Cards or any team to handle.  Hopefully they can continue that and rout the Tigers.

And then maybe the Cards can come back & win the WS next year so we have a nice pattern of Giants-Cards-Giants-Cards.  12 IN 13!  :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

At the end of the game did the Giants radio guy scream 'THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT!  THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT!'?  :hmm:

katmai