News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Baseball 2012

Started by jimmy olsen, January 04, 2012, 10:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

I dunno, Valmy;  it's 1996 all over again, with the bald fucking goon from the Flyers standing in for Bernie Williams.  That was the back breaker right there.  Series is done.

Valmy

I was having 1997 flashbacks and Armando Benitez against the Indians myself.

Yeah this game was a motherfucking turd sandwich.  The Orioles just are not scoring runs this series.  This thing is done barring an offensive explosion.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

katmai

What a bunch of whiney bitches.
Did you see me moaning when giants were down 2-0?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 10, 2012, 10:01:55 PM
It's been a while since I've watched the Tigers...but is it me, or did Prince Fielder manage to eat Antonin Scalia sometime this season?

He may have had a body fat transfer from Rex Ryan.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

derspiess

Quote from: katmai on October 10, 2012, 10:39:31 PM

I probably would have if I were you.  Nothing was going right for them til the 10th inning of game 3.

Now the shoe is on the other foot.  Giants have all the advantages, plus momentum, for game 5.  I'm happy for my dad, but was hoping for a Cards-Reds grudge match NLCS.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

katmai

Oh I know it. When they couldn't win game 1 with Reds ace knocked out by injury I kinda expected them to lose in three.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 10, 2012, 09:36:04 PM
Glad to see Soriano gets a strike zone the size of a minivan tonight.

Umps have been calling the outside strike for bothe teams the whole series.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 11, 2012, 11:35:24 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 10, 2012, 09:36:04 PM
Glad to see Soriano gets a strike zone the size of a minivan tonight.

Umps have been calling the outside strike for bothe teams the whole series.

Take your pinstripes and shove them up Jefffrey Maier's ass.

Valmy

Quote from: katmai on October 10, 2012, 10:39:31 PM

I cannot speak for CdM but this season is about mojo more than anything else.  I think the Orioles are unlikely to get back anytime soon, the Red Sox will not be down for long even if the Orioles continue to play at a high level, so the prospect of them getting eliminated fills me with angst.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

derspiess

Quote from: katmai on October 10, 2012, 11:58:47 PM
Oh I know it. When they couldn't win game 1 with Reds ace knocked out by injury I kinda expected them to lose in three.

It's all doom & gloom here today in Mudville.  There are a few people trying to fake enthusiasm but Reds fans in the office seem to think they have a dead team walkin'.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on October 11, 2012, 11:39:20 AM
I cannot speak for CdM but this season is about mojo more than anything else.

Playing Yankees in the post-season is just bad mojo, period.

The Minsky Moment

Look at this way . . . the original AL Baltimore Orioles franchise is the Yankees.
So either way, the "Baltimore Orioles" win.
--Joan Robinson

CountDeMoney

Valmy

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 11, 2012, 11:52:49 AM
Look at this way . . . the original AL Baltimore Orioles franchise is the Yankees.
So either way, the "Baltimore Orioles" win.

I don't think one season 112 years ago really counts :lol: