News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Baseball 2012

Started by jimmy olsen, January 04, 2012, 10:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Anyway, good win for the O's.  So that makes all divsional series going to 5 games, right?  Just wish I didn't have to wait til 8:30pm tomorrow to see the Cards-Nats game.  It's been kind of nice getting those games done early.

All games considered thus far, this has been the most entertaining playoffs I can remember.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

WAHOOO!!!  And we will do this all over again tommorow.

I was completely wrong.  I thought after that kick in the nuts last night that the Orioles were going to need to blow the Yanks out in Game 4.  But they sure are a lot tougher than I am.  The entire line up is cold?  No worries with the O's bullpen around.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on October 11, 2012, 11:15:04 PM
Anyway, good win for the O's.  So that makes all divsional series going to 5 games, right?  Just wish I didn't have to wait til 8:30pm tomorrow to see the Cards-Nats game.  It's been kind of nice getting those games done early.

All games considered thus far, this has been the most entertaining playoffs I can remember.

Yeah it has been crazy intense.  I haven't even thought about the Texas-OU game I have been so wrapped up in this series all week.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on October 11, 2012, 11:15:04 PM
Just wish I didn't have to wait til 8:30pm tomorrow to see the Cards-Nats game.  It's been kind of nice getting those games done early.

Yeah, but they had to switch them around today and tomorrow to take a trip to Oakland into consideration, since there's no travel day between the ALDS and the ALCS with this new format.  You win, you board a plane that night.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on October 11, 2012, 11:15:04 PM
The entire line up is cold?  No worries with the O's bullpen around.

I think the edge goes to the Os for the bullpen, since they had already stacked with pitching coming into the series, but you know who is pitching for New York tomorrow, so the damage to the NY bullpen could be mitigated.

The O's gotta find some bats, though.

Neil

I support the Orioles because Joe Flacco told me to.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 11, 2012, 11:20:30 PM
I think the edge goes to the Os for the bullpen, since they had already stacked with pitching coming into the series, but you know who is pitching for New York tomorrow, so the damage to the NY bullpen could be mitigated.

The O's gotta find some bats, though.

Well they did touch the Mountain That Pitches for two whole runs.  The way this series is going that is an offensive explosion. 

I just don't know.  Chris Davis and Adam Jones are seriously slumping and not looking like they are just going to come out of it tommorow.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on October 11, 2012, 11:16:55 PM
I haven't even thought about the Texas-OU game I have been so wrapped up in this series all week.

YOU AREN'T FOCUSING?????? :blink:  :mad:

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 11, 2012, 11:51:23 PM
YOU AREN'T FOCUSING?????? :blink:  :mad:

I know.  Bill is going to be furious if I cause Texas to lose this game.

MadBurgerMaker

Out of curiosity, does Bill in Sinton even post anymore? 

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 12, 2012, 12:41:55 AM

Yeah I quoted him this year in the NCAA thread.

MadBurgerMaker

Lots of rain in NY today it looks like.

Quote from: Valmy on October 12, 2012, 09:20:08 AM
Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 12, 2012, 12:41:55 AM

Yeah I quoted him this year in the NCAA thread.

Ah, must have missed that one. 

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 11, 2012, 10:05:08 PM
If I were a big league manager, I'd stock my entire bullpen with nothing but submariners.  Love how that release unsettles hitters.

Submariners tend to struggle when the platoon advantage is against them, moreso than average
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

CountDeMoney

That may be all the Yankees need tonight.

CountDeMoney

Uh oh, video review: I bet this umps are Steelers fans, too.