News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Baseball 2012

Started by jimmy olsen, January 04, 2012, 10:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

QuoteBALTIMORE -- The Baltimore Orioles will bring 12 pitchers into their AL Division Series against the New York Yankees.

The 12-man staff includes starters Jason Hammel, Wei-Yin Chen, Miguel Gonzalez, Chris Tillman and Joe Saunders. But manager Buck Showalter says Saunders and Tillman will be available out of the bullpen for Game 1 on Sunday night because Hammel has a balky right knee and is making only his third start since mid-July.

Rookie Steve Johnson, Opening Day starter Jake Arrieta and right-hander Zach Britton were not on the roster. But Showalter added, "Every one of those guys has to have the mindset they're playing tomorrow."

Utility players Steve Tolleson and Xavier Avery were omitted in favor of veterans Lew Ford and Endy Chavez.

sbr

Twitter says the tator us off the field.  First pitch in 40 minutes.

:lol:  tarp is off the field. God I love autocorrect

CountDeMoney

sbr

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 07, 2012, 10:51:08 PM
That one stung.

Oh, I forgot about it with the football game.  Too Bad they lost, I'll have to check the box score.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: sbr on October 07, 2012, 10:52:06 PM
That one stung.

Oh, I forgot about it with the football game.  Too Bad they lost, I'll have to check the box score.

Nobody's last yet, pal.  :mad:

It just got real ugly in the top of the 9th.  :(

sbr

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 07, 2012, 10:54:08 PM
Quote from: sbr on October 07, 2012, 10:52:06 PM
That one stung.

Nobody's last yet, pal.  :mad:

It just got real ugly in the top of the 9th.  :(

Yep, I just saw.  Fucking Yankees. :mad:

CountDeMoney

Oh fuck, man.  What a time for a meltdown.

At least it's not a 1-game playoff.

Valmy

Johnson might be in a bit of a slump he was shakey against Texas also.  Not 135 ERA kind of shakey but still.

But man that sucked all sorts of ass.  Now they will have to win at least two in New York.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Only figures that fucking Oompa Loompa decided to save his best shit for the ALDS, when he's been rocked every other time at Camden Yards.

Major suckage.

derspiess

Cardinals screwed themselves over in their game.  Bases loaded, no outs.  Two pitches later they had a force out at home and then a double play.  Nationals go on to win by 1 run.

Reds surprisingly found their bats.  Up 9-0 in the bottom of the 8th.  Downtown should be festive Tuesday.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on October 07, 2012, 11:28:22 PM
Reds surprisingly found their bats.  Up 9-0 in the bottom of the 8th.  Downtown should be festive Tuesday.

Has someone who has had Bronson Arroyo on various fantasy teams over the course of several years, all I have to say is:  where the fuck did that come from?

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 07, 2012, 11:20:42 PM
Only figures that fucking Oompa Loompa decided to save his best shit for the ALDS, when he's been rocked every other time at Camden Yards.

Not so.
He pitched poorly there this year, but lifetime he is 10-3, 3.38 ERA.  It's one of his better parks.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

CountDeMoney

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 08, 2012, 12:38:01 AM
Quote from: derspiess on October 07, 2012, 11:28:22 PM

Has someone who has had Bronson Arroyo on various fantasy teams over the course of several years, all I have to say is:  where the fuck did that come from?

Yeah.  I thought the Reds were going to dump him after last year, but he's done pretty well all year this year.  Seems like cutting down on the guitar playing (yes, we get it, you can sort of play guitar) may have helped him, particularly his curve.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 08, 2012, 10:47:14 AM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 08, 2012, 10:39:20 AM
He pitched poorly there this year,

Like I said.

That's what happens when you rely on poor sample sizes.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson