Oklahoma Teen Mom Guns Down Armed Intruder

Started by jimmy olsen, January 04, 2012, 06:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capetan Mihali

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Tonitrus

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on January 04, 2012, 10:00:42 PM
Co-conspirator felony murder.  :bleeding:

Yeah, I kinda understand it when an innocent bystander is killed during the commission of a felony...but when one of the felons themselves is killed by the victim, charging the other participants with his/her "murder" is really rather silly.

alfred russel

Quote from: Tonitrus on January 04, 2012, 10:02:45 PM

Yeah, I kinda understand it when an innocent bystander is killed during the commission of a felony...but when one of the felons themselves is killed by the victim, charging the other participants with his/her "murder" is really rather silly.

I support it here. These guys find out a guy dies and decide to arm themselves with knives and break into the home to get any meds left behind? They need to be taken off the street for a very long time. The girl has done half the job for us, we need to finish it, and I don't think attempted burglary is going to be enough.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: alfred russel on January 04, 2012, 10:14:44 PM

I support it here. These guys find out a guy dies and decide to arm themselves with knives and break into the home to get any meds left behind? They need to be taken off the street for a very long time. The girl has done half the job for us, we need to finish it, and I don't think attempted burglary is going to be enough.

Nothing attempted about it, and in Okla. 1st degree burglary already carries 7 to 20, with a mandatory minimum to serve 85% before being eligible for parole.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

dps

Quote from: garbon on January 04, 2012, 08:59:53 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on January 04, 2012, 08:57:20 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on January 04, 2012, 08:45:12 PM
So apparently her husband was in his 50s, and they had been married 2 years. Wtf America?

Jealous hmm?

What sensible person wants a teenager? (Note: dps fails on the sensible bit.)

Not gonna deny it.  Besides, being sensible about love means you end up like either Mono or CdM.

alfred russel

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on January 04, 2012, 10:20:14 PM

Nothing attempted about it, and in Okla. 1st degree burglary already carries 7 to 20, with a mandatory minimum to serve 85% before being eligible for parole.

I'd feel more comfortable with a murder conviction.  :)
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

alfred russel

Quote from: dps on January 04, 2012, 10:37:32 PM

Not gonna deny it.  Besides, being sensible about love means you end up like either Mono or CdM.

Tell me you aren't pursuing a teenager.  :frusty:

Also, Mono and CdM are perhaps the least sensible about love.

mongers

Quote from: alfred russel on January 04, 2012, 10:44:37 PM

Also, Mono and CdM are perhaps the least sensible about love.

That's one hell of a value judgement.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josquius

Sounds like the law actually worked well here but

"You're allowed to shoot an unauthorized person that is in your home. The law provides you the remedy, and sanctions the use of deadly force," Det. Dan Huff of the Blanchard police said.
Brings to mind a lot of situations where things will be a lot less right than in this case...
██████
██████
██████

Tonitrus

Well, in my "world of justice", they'd both deserve execution anyway.

Razgovory

Question about felony murder:  Is there a sort of time limit between the committing of the first felony and the homicide?  Say two guys try to break into this house with knives.  The woman threatens them with a gun.  First guy wisely decides to run off.  Second guy stays behind for some amount of time before kicking in the door and getting shot.  How long a time period does it take for the first guy to no longer be tied to the second guy for the murder?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

His wife was like eighteen when they started dating.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

Reading the story I've come to the conclusion that Dustin Stewart is pretty damn stupid.  Why the hell did he tell the police what he and his friend were planning to do?  If he had said nothing it would have been much harder to prosecute him.  His friend caught a pretty big fish though.

The teen mother married to the geriatric does seem weird though.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tonitrus

Quote from: Razgovory on January 04, 2012, 11:49:16 PM
Reading the story I've come to the conclusion that Dustin Stewart is pretty damn stupid.  Why the hell did he tell the police what he and his friend were planning to do?  If he had said nothing it would have been much harder to prosecute him.  His friend caught a pretty big fish though.

The teen mother married to the geriatric does seem weird though.

50's isn't usually geriatric, but then it is Oklahoma.

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on January 04, 2012, 11:47:34 PM

His wife was like eighteen when they started dating.

And from what he provided early on of their relationship is why you shouldn't chase after them so young.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.