Oklahoma Teen Mom Guns Down Armed Intruder

Started by jimmy olsen, January 04, 2012, 06:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Ideologue on January 04, 2012, 08:57:20 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on January 04, 2012, 08:45:12 PM
So apparently her husband was in his 50s, and they had been married 2 years. Wtf America?

Jealous hmm?
This isn't Ed we're talkin about.
PDH!

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

garbon

So apparently her husband was in his 50s, and they had been married 2 years. Wtf America?

Jealous hmm?

What sensible person wants a teenager? (Note: dps fails on the sensible bit.)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

You can present indulgence of your own fetishes as the minimum requisite for sexual competence, and they're usually thin.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

alfred russel

Jealous hmm?

Hardly. A 50 year old guy marrying a 16 year old--apparently without even a kid involved--that is abuse imo. Someone should have stepped in (like say, the representatives of the state marrying them).
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Ed Anger

Okies might have the parents permission thing for under 18's.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Quote from: alfred russel on January 04, 2012, 09:07:21 PM

Jealous hmm?

Hardly. A 50 year old guy marrying a 16 year old--apparently without even a kid involved--that is abuse imo. Someone should have stepped in (like say, the representatives of the state marrying them).

I will concede I'd prepared to make marriages in minority unlawful.  But I don't think it quite steps to the level of abuse based solely on the fact of an age difference.
Kinemalogue

alfred russel

Quote from: DGuller on January 04, 2012, 08:56:11 PM
Why is everyone assuming that she was protecting her baby?  For all we know, the intruders may have just wanted to rape her.

What 20 something male is going to want to steal a baby? And I doubt there was much to steal.

Which still certainly justifies her shooting the guy though.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Darth Wagtaros

Maybe they were gonna eat it. Or sell it. The important thing is they didn't get away with it.
PDH!

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on January 04, 2012, 09:04:16 PM
You can present indulgence of your own fetishes as the minimum requisite for sexual competence, and they're usually thin.

You also have to deal with teenage angst and attitude. Let alone sexual incompetence and immaturity.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

sbr

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 04, 2012, 06:41:53 PM

"I've got two guns in my hand -- is it okay to shoot him if he comes in this door?" the young mother asked the 911 dispatcher. "I'm here by myself with my infant baby, can I please get a dispatcher out here immediately?"

Are police dispatchers notoriously tough in Oklahoma?  I would think an officer would be more help in that situation.

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

jimmy olsen

More info

http://www.news9.com/story/16448996/accomplice-charged-in-blanchard-shooting-death
QuoteBLANCHARD, Oklahoma -

Dustin Stewart called 911 after a home invasion ended in gunfire. Stewart told a dispatcher he fled the scene when his friend Justin Martin made his way into a Blanchard home.

"My name is Dusty Stewart and I think it was my friend that got shot."

Stewart told the dispatcher, "I don't know what he was trying to do. I stood at the fence and told him to come on and I don't know what he did."

A mother inside the home pulled the trigger killing Justin Martin.

Now, the Grady County District Attorney's office is charging Dustin Stewart with murder.

Sarah McKinley, the mother of a three-month-old boy also in the home, spent several minutes on the phone with 911 before she shot and killed Martin.

McKinley told the dispatcher, "This guy is up to no good, my husband just passed away and I am here by myself with my infant baby."

McKinley explains Martin repeatedly knocked on the door before the dispatcher asks, "Are your doors locked?"

McKinley replies, "Yes, I have two guns in my hand. Is it okay to shoot him if he comes in this door?"

The dispatcher said she could not tell her to do that.

Before police arrived, McKinley says she made the split second decision to protect her three month old.

When police arrived, they say they found Justin Martin wearing a glove on his left hand and holding a knife.

At the same time, Stewart reported to police he did not know what happened but court documents show Stewart told police he and Martin devised a plan to burglarize the residence.

Stewart told investigators Martin knew Sarah McKinley's 58-year-old husband recently died of cancer and they expected to find prescription pain pills in the home.

Grady County First Assistant District Attorney James Walters said the admission provides enough evidence to prosecute, "resulting from that Mr. Martin lost his life and I believe the statutes are very clear under these facts that felony murder is appropriate."

Prosecutors say they have no reason to believe McKinley knew the intruders.

Stewart now faces a first-degree murder charge. He is due back in court tomorrow for a bond hearing

The family of Justin Martin e-mailed the following statement:

thanks for your concern and understanding. Here is what we are able to say at this time.

Our family is working through this as best we can. We don't have many details about how and why this happened, but we do know that much of the speculation and rumors are not consistent with the Justin his many friends, family and community knew him to be. We believe that as the police work through this, a truer picture of Justin will be painted, and we'll be able to grieve in peace. This is a terrible ordeal for everyone involved, and we're praying for everyone dealing with the aftermath.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point