EGYPT orders all PIGS be put to the SWORD

Started by Syt, April 30, 2009, 11:36:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Sheilbh

Quote from: saskganesh on April 30, 2009, 05:33:42 PM
@ sheilbh. those low fat thingees are scams. cream, butter, salt, red meat, are all awesome things.

what you want, ideally, are whole foods, as fresh and as unprocessed as possible. and eat a variety of things.
This is my attitude.  I use cream and butter and salt and sugar but my veg is vegbox stuff that's local, seasonal and organic.  My meat, generally speaking, comes from my local organic butcher and I bake my own bread :goodboy:
Let's bomb Russia!

Maximus

Quote from: HVC on April 30, 2009, 04:56:15 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on April 30, 2009, 04:47:41 PM
Much as I love pigs and their related meat products I think this is possibly a very good idea.

But then I've spent the past few days panicking about the oncoming pandemic.
If it makes you feel any better you're more likely to die from panic. :console:
fixed

Maximus

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

Quote from: Queequeg on April 30, 2009, 11:50:08 AM
This is actually kind of worrying.  Wonder how the Coptics are reacting to this? The Arab world's Christian (read: native, smarter, harder working and better looking) minority's position is increasingly precarious. 

They are?
I don't know much of them but I thought the Copts were quite marginalised and poor?
██████
██████
██████

Siege

This reminds me, I met an egyptian once here in the army, in the master driver class.
He was a pog, of course, and was telling the other guys in the class how important Egypt was in Africa.
He made it sound like Egypt was a damn superpower.

I just mentioned how badly the egyptian army performed during the old biennial Bright Star US-Egypt exercises.
I don;t think the US Army stills do that shit. Waste of time and money.

Upon hearing my accent, he asked me were I was from.

Nothing funnier than to see how fast the face expression of a wanna-be master of this world changes at the mention of my tiny little homeland.

Priceless. For everything else there is mastercard.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Neil

To be fair, Egypt could probably crush Israel these days.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

DontSayBanana

Egyptians are the "special" kids of the "civilized" world, film at 11.

No need for compensation? How about the fact that while the farmers can sell the pork, there's no way they'll get it all sold before it spoils, or the fact that by slaughtering the sows and piglets, you're effectively shutting down that entire arm of the agricultural sector? After this is all over, they're going to need a huge government subsidy just to get pigs back into the country to start farming for pork again.
Experience bij!

Siege

Quote from: Neil on April 30, 2009, 08:30:57 PM

You just want my attention.

You know perfectly arabs only excell at terrorism.

The moment they come up in a organized manner against real soldiers, they die like flies.

They have no survability whatsoever in the modern battlefield.

That's why they ressort to terrorism.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Siege on April 30, 2009, 08:55:44 PM
The moment they come up in a organized manner against real soldiers, they die like flies.

They do it because it works. Geez, I thought Neil was supposed to be the one who was trolling there. <_<
Experience bij!

Siege

Quote from: DontSayBanana on April 30, 2009, 08:57:47 PM

They do it because it works. Geez, I thought Neil was supposed to be the one who was trolling there. <_<

Sure, they do it because it works, and because they don't know any other way to do it.

Just take a look at their goals, and you'll see terrorism is not gonna deliver the results they expect.

Neil

Quote from: Neil on April 30, 2009, 08:30:57 PM

You just want my attention.

You know perfectly arabs only excell at terrorism.

Hard to say.  The Muslims have been beating Israel pretty regularily lately.  It's not unreasonable to expect them to have picked up their conventional game too.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: DontSayBanana on April 30, 2009, 08:44:57 PM
Egyptians are the "special" kids of the "civilized" world, film at 11.

No need for compensation? How about the fact that while the farmers can sell the pork, there's no way they'll get it all sold before it spoils, or the fact that by slaughtering the sows and piglets, you're effectively shutting down that entire arm of the agricultural sector? After this is all over, they're going to need a huge government subsidy just to get pigs back into the country to start farming for pork again.

Want to bet that they won't get that subsidy?
This is starting to sound like a "lets harass the christians" measure.